“First Class Hotel”

Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Kendal
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel a few times now. Always on business, and after reading the good reveiws it gets. They are not wrong. This is a very good hotel for me. Its large, everything works the way it should work, it is spotless, the rooms are just great expecially if you are upgraded as I was. I had dinner which was really nice, but no breakfast as I wanted an early sart and to be honest my waistline, for once, resisted the temptation. But I do know its good.

From a location point of view it is ideal for me, as a risk free stopping off place before I go to Barrow or Sellerfield on business. Hotels further into the lakes are mixed, and generally don't have the facilities this one has. Perhaps I would note for others with walking problems that the lower car park is a little far from from reception if its busy, and it does get busy in the summer. Not surprised.

A word about the staff. Always pleasent, always helpful, always proffesional and you do get the impression that there is a genuine warmth in the way they treat guests. No flashy false smiles here, there is a pride in what they do.

I would stay here again for sure, and will. Perhaps a weekend away for a more leisurely appreciation, yes I'll look forward to it.

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded, its worth it
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Two nights here and wish we had more. Can't fault it.

Excellent food
Friendly staff
Good value
Lovely rooms
Comfortable hotel
Good bar prices
Excellent facilities
Did I mention the food ? It's 1st class.
Quilted loo rolls...............................

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank eeeeena
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here in a cold February and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Staff where very helpful and pleasant in both the hotel and the pub alongside the hotel.
I ate an evening meal in the pub alongside the hotel, it had real ale and the food was very good too- I would recommend it anytime.
Rooms where more than comfortable and welcoming- had a great nghts sleep.

Breakfast was buffet style and also very good.

A nice hotel and cant wait to try it again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I chose to stay here because I am familiar with its sister hotel, the Pinewood in Handforth, Cheshire, where my stays have always been positive. The Castle Green didn't disappoint, with a setting on the outskirts of Kendal, the only drawback being it's a bit of a hike to the town centre. If you get a window seat at breakfast, there's a great view over Kendal towards the Lakes. My room was comfortable, if a little cold at night (though I eventually worked out how to override the settings) and the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent and I had a reasonable bar meal too, though I didn't eat in the restaurant. My only gripe was that the wifi connection was very hit and miss. However, when I gave feedback to the hotel I recieved a prompt and courteous reply saying they were addressing this issue. It wasn't the cheapest in Kendal but reasonable value for money nonetheless.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Fantastic staff. Food amazing. Gorgeous room. From the greeting off Nicola on arrival in reception to leaving the staff get 10 out of 10. Managers from other hotels should visit here to see how it's done .

Room Tip: Executive room was amazing. Although all rooms looked lovely
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed at the Castle Green Hotel for two nights 12th & 13th March whilst on a visit to celebrate my Mother in Laws 90th birthday. As soon as we had booked in the attention by the young ladies on reception was a good start. We had a first floor room that was large and immaculate, with an outlook from the front of the hotel over the valley. The bathroom was wonderful with loads of hot water on tap. The room was nice and warm with guest controls on the heater, the bed was large and very comfortable, a large flat screen television (that was tuned in)
The restaurant was very clean and inviting with a great selection on the menu for evening dinner and breakfast was just as worthwhile.
The bar was lovely and comfortable with a log fire burning away and with the added addition of free WiFi .
All in all I would say that this is one of the best hotels we have stayed in
Well done to all the staff and everyone at BEST Western Castle green Hotel and my wife and I hope to see you again sometime

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed for three nights - 28th Feb till March 3rd - for our daughter's wedding. It was absolutely fantastic. Every member of staff was helpful and friendly and the standard of service was exceptional. The wedding co-ordinator, Nicola was just a dream and our wedding host Christine was superb. The food was fabulous the whole time we were there, not just on the day of the wedding. If you're looking for a wedding venue in the Lake District then don't look any further than this wonderful hotel. We had lots of family and friends who stayed over for the wedding and every single one of them has said the same - simply fantastic. We ate at the pub too - the food was equally delicious there.

Room Tip: We had an executive room with fantastic views - all of our friends loved their rooms - rooms at the...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Allison K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendal
Riverside Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crosthwaite
Beech Hill Hotel & Spa
Beech Hill Hotel & Spa
#19 of 20 in Windermere

Been to Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!