Stayed at this hotel for two nights during the Easter Week. We had a lovely room overlooking the front gardens,very clean and the bed was comfy. Breakfast was excellent, you could have the buffet or order a few things fresh from the menu. We ate both nights at the pub and found both meals to be very good, the Lemon Sole was delicious. The staff at the hotel/pub were all very friendly and cheerful which is a nice touch.
We used the gym which we felt had a good range of equipment along with the sauna, my only complaint was the shower next to the steam room was not very cold and the last thing I wanted was a warm shower. Overall the leisure facilities were good, a nice treat when you have been walking up the hills all day.
I would definately recommend this hotel for a break in the Lake District, both for couples and families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independent, family-run four star hotel situated in 14 acres of gardens & woodland, 5 miles from the M6 & 8 miles from Windermere. Extensive conference & banqueting facilities, recently refurbished 2AA Rosette restaurant, Westmorland Pub in the grounds, health & fitness club and 99 bedrooms including four executive, seven balcony and three family rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kendal
- Hotel Castle Green Kendal
- Kendal Best Western
- Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, BW Premier Collection Lake District