Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection
Cragg Farm(Kendal)
  • Bar/Lounge
Burrow Hall(Kendal)
1,952 results
All reviewsgreenhouse restaurantalexanders pubtasting menuexecutive roomthe main hotelhotel groundslovely groundspool and steam roomlake districtlovely hotelhotel barbreakfast staffevening mealrelaxing breakleisure facilitieshigh standardlovely view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2011

After a 4 hours drive, we arrived at the hotel at 12.45pm. Check in was rather disappointing as the receptionist without making any eye contact frostily told us [my husband and I] to come back at 2pm when our rooms will be ready. Working in hotels for over 20 years I know that you do get the odd one. And rightly so, from the maids to the waiters were all just so obliging; my favourite being Robert in the restaurant.

Beautiful location, the room was basic but cleaned to a high standard, food okay nothing special. The Spa, well as it was a planned pure indulgent break, I had all the treatment medically and financially possible and it was wonderful, I do not know which of those ladies to commend, Sam, Kelly of Rachel? The spa experience was absolutely fabulous.

I would defiantly go back good value for money

F. Yorwarth
Bath

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Have stayed here a number of times now on business. I have not had any complaints yet and any queries I have had have been dealt with promptly and efficiently by the staff.
The rooms are comfortable and have very good facilities - press, iron, biscuits etc.
I have eaten in both the restaurant and the pub and the food has been excellent each time.
Business and meeting facilities are good although the standard of food served at the buffet lunches is average. While I do not appreciate waste, it is somewhat dull to find the lunch (and evening buffets) re-issue items from the breakfast buffet in another guise. Having had breakfast, a lunch buffet and an evening buffet in the same day I really was bored by the sausages and bacon turning up again and again.
Overall, I really enjoy staying at this hotel and I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Spent two nights here with my elderly mother. The rates for the twin rooms with single occupancy were very good value for money and the rooms themselves more than came up to expectations ( lovely views from the 'odd' number rooms on level 1 ). The hotel's location and grounds are exceptional and the staff were helpful and accommodating but without being overly fussy.

Eat as much as you like buffet breakfast was of a good standard and certainly set one up for the day. Ale in Alexander's Pub was very good, i should maybe note that on the Friday and Saturday night we stayed most of the clientele were there for the reasonably priced yet generously portioned food though.

As for The Greenhouse restaurant, words can't describe how much we both enjoyed the food. A 3 course 'table d'hote' meal of such exceptional quality for £26 struck me as fantastic value for money. Not quite as fantastic as the roast partridge served up to me, mind !

I'd have no hesitation in staying here again.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms on level 1 have a lovely view ( 121 and 129 did anyway )
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed here for a couple of nights in late September.... remember that couple of indian summer days! Great welcome on arrival and all the staff throughout our stay were very attentive. Our room was very comfortable with all the necessary requirements. The menu was varied and food of a high standard. We loved the pub adjoining the hotel.
Really great week-end and thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Stayed at this hotel twice + had fantastic service both times. The reception staff are marvellous - we were made to feel so welcome. The room was spotless + very quiet - the view wasn't great but the lovely room made up for it!!! The breakfast was fantastic - lovely staff _ plenty to eat! Nothing was too much trouble! We took swimming stuff for our little boy but the childrens swimming time was only at certain hours but the guy at the health club said we could check again later + if it wasn't that busy then we could go for a swim - we ended up going out in the end but it was nice of him to be able to use his discretion! It is easy to see just why this hotel is number 1 in Kendal - the staff really are a credit! We are planning to go back again next month!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family