The receptionist when checking in was snooty and we were disappointed when we entered our room. It was tiny with a rubbish view and damp marks all over the ceiling where the pipes were. I agree with other reviewers too regarding it being noisy if you are on the corridor after being woken up by a wedding crowd.
On the plus side the food in the pub was delicious.
When paying over £100 for a room we expect something better than this especially when it's meant to be the nicest hotel in Kendal according to this site.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independent, family-run four star hotel situated in 14 acres of gardens & woodland, 5 miles from the M6 & 8 miles from Windermere. Extensive conference & banqueting facilities, recently refurbished 2AA Rosette restaurant, Westmorland Pub in the grounds, health & fitness club and 99 bedrooms including four executive, seven balcony and three family rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kendal
- Hotel Castle Green Kendal
- Kendal Best Western
- Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, BW Premier Collection Lake District