Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Kendal
Leicester
“Superb service”
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Travelling a lot with work, hotels can become a bit of a blur - but Castle Green stands out. It was in a lovely location, yes, and very clean, which is always a bonus. The food was also great. But it was the sheer friendliness, politeness and attentiveness of the staff that made it stand out to me. Genuinely superb service.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2011

This hotel is superb with kendal town only a short walk in either direction from hotel.

The food in the restaurant was amazing and we felt that £26.00 for 3 courses which included venison, duck and fish dishes was very reasonable.We ate in the restaurant each night of our 3 day break as the menu was changed.

The staff were very polite and nothing was too much trouble.

Would certainly stay again.

1 Thank stevant
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Booked in for a few days relaxing in the lake district and pretty much struck gold with this hotel. Food in both the on site pub Alexanders and the Greenhouse Restaurant were well priced and well cooked.

The staff were lovely and obviously cared very much about their place of work which is always nice to see. The grounds in the hotel are a joy to walk around with a glass of wine and yes I'll admit we were very lucky with the weather but some of the views were truly beautiful.

Minor niggles, my morning papers were added to the bill, we've stayed in a lot of decent hotels and I've never been charged for my morning paper, no bottled water in the rooms again seemed odd and frankly just a little bit cheap considering, oh and the pizzas are shop bought, or they taste like it, but really these are small things but I think worth pointing out.

Oh and the breakfasts are wonderful and the lady who runs the service is worth her weight in gold. Please if you're in the area check it out, well worth it.

Brighouse, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2011

My husband took me for my birthday ,Hotel fantastic staff very helpful the location was lovely it was a bit further out of the centre than we thought but it was a pleasant walk into Kendal.I will certainly recommend this hotel.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2011

My partner and I have just returned from a short break away at this hotel, we were a little dubious after having stayed at other Best Western Hotels, and not been very impressed with them, But the Castle Green Hotel is in a class of its own, From arrival at the hotel with the helpful and friendly reception staff, lovely clean rooms with good views and modern settings to the choice of restaurants, we ate both nights at Alexanders Pub, the food was to die for! and at a reasonable price, just be warned if you have a starter you won't be able to eat all your main course!!!. The staff in the restaurant for breakfast were very efficient and nothing was too much trouble, very friendly and polite, they seem to be all local people employed at this hotel whch we think makes a difference, they are more caring and proud of thier hotel and its reputation. Would defientley recommend this hotel and we will be returning back there again later this year for another short break. Good basefor touring the lakes, nice to come back to a relaxing hotel, and a lovley dip in the pool.

Liverpool
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I booked into this hotel and a little break away for my girlfriend and I. We stayed in executive room 139 and I was very impressed from the moment we arrived! Out room wasn't ready yet but that wasnt a problem and we went to alexanders for a drink and was greeted politely by the bar staff. The room was a great size and was better than we expected. The greenhouse restaurant serves a lovely menu for the evening meal which I advise you try out. The breakfast was set out very well and was also very nice. The whole of the hotel is amazing from the staff to how relaxing it was. Greens spa was also really nice and they are extremely friendly and helpful. They are willing to talk about any of their products with you and guide you to the correct treatment. Overall I thought the hotel and staff was excellent and would recommend this to all my friends and I can't wait to book another trip away here !

• Stayed April 2011
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2011

Having stayed in Best Western properties previously I know that, because they are independently owned hotels operating under the same brand, standards can vary. That said, I am a fan of independents over the 'same-old-same-old' you get with other hotel brands - i.e., you walk in the door and you could be anywhere in the world.
So I checked into the Castle Green Hotel with my girlfriend for one night en route to a 'meet the in-laws and extended family' get-together in Scotland, but I could happily have stayed for longer. That's not a reflection on my trepidation of meeting the in-laws, more due to the fact that the Castle Green Hotel in Kendal is perhaps the best 3* star hotel I've ever stayed in.
Set in beautiful grounds upon the rolling Lake District countryside, the hotel has modern bedrooms and bathrooms and the staff are friendly and eager to help with any request.
The hotel itself has so much to offer including fantastic leisure facilities and it's own little pub on site offering an alternative to the hotel bar and an alternative eating place to the Greenhouse Restaurant.
The meal I had in the Greenhouse Restaurant is, by far and away, the best meal I've experienced in a hotel restaurant - and that includes 4* and 5* properties.
Before setting off on our way the next morning, my girlfiend and I pledged that we would return for a long weekend in the Lakes and will definitely stay at Castle Green Hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendal
Riverside Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,258 reviews
North Lakes Hotel & Spa
North Lakes Hotel & Spa
#6 of 11 in Penrith

Been to Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!