Stayed here for 1 night (which wasnt long enough) along with another couple of friends, great location, easy to get to, the weather was great, which really helped.
Unfortunately, check in was 2pm - we arrived at 1pm, we were unable to check into our rooms, not such a huge problem, but we were told we could leave our bags in reception, but we just left them in the car and went to explore Kendal and surrounding area.
The hotel was fabulous, really nice setting, grounds are lovely. The hotel inside itself looked very modern, all mod cons as they say. Our room was great, with great view over ther gardens to the front, usual layout, well furnished and decorated. Plenty of storage. Hairdryer, iron & ironing board and trouser press, tea making facilities, radio/alarm clock, flat screen TV, individulally controlled central heating.
The bathroom was spotless with a shower cubicle, plenty of soft fluffy towels available and mini toiletries.
There is a restaurant/pub directly next to the hotel "Alexanders" great for an afternoon drink after exploring the area. They also serve a fantastic menu, we decided to dine in there that night, fab meal was had by all.
The hotel itself has a restaurant which we chose not to dine at, the menu looked really good though.
After a fab nights sleep, breakfast was being served in the restaurant the next morning, it was buffet style, hot and cold available, juices, pastries, fruits, toats and tea and coffee was served at the table. They try and source all products from local suppliers.
There is a fintess suitewhich as guests you can use, with a small swimming pool, gym, and spa treatments.
Kendal itself was a lovely wee town, steeped in history, with lots of lanes (or yards as they are known) to explore, loads of shops and boutiques as well asthe usual high street shops.
Windermere was only 10/15 mins drive away, where you can hire boats or go on various organised boat trips on Lake Windermere.
All in all a great stay but too short. Will definately go back in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independent, family-run four star hotel situated in 14 acres of gardens & woodland, 5 miles from the M6 & 8 miles from Windermere. Extensive conference & banqueting facilities, recently refurbished 2AA Rosette restaurant, Westmorland Pub in the grounds, health & fitness club and 99 bedrooms including four executive, seven balcony and three family rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kendal
- Hotel Castle Green Kendal
- Kendal Best Western
- Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, BW Premier Collection Lake District