“FABULOUS”
other travelers have booked this property
Modern Fully Equipped Kitchen Compact Double Bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Modern Fully Equipped Kitchen
Compact Double Bedroom
En suite Shower Room
Comfortable Lounge showing Feature Fireplace.
River view from Lounge window towards Gooseholme Park and KendalCastle
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
patricia...
“FABULOUS”
Reviewed June 19, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

What a beautiful apartment, all that we wanted & more,Carol was very sweet & welcoming,answered all our questions,about refuse, towels & where to get groceries.
We had a great time watching the bird life on the river,it was a lovely holiday.
Thank you Carol.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was right on the river.
Liked least: There was nothing that we didn't like.
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway Older travelers
JackyCoop...
Inverkip, United Kingdom
“A wee gem”
Reviewed June 1, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

What a lovely spot! Fabulous contact with the owner, Carol. who arranged to meet us at the property at our convenience. No issues whatsoever. Spoilt with biscuits on arrival. Fabulous view over the River Kent. Parking space right outside the door. So near to town centre, making every trip out on foot a total pleasure. Hope to visit again at some point. Carol....thanks so much!!
Jacky and Paul

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and high standard of property.
Liked least: Road noise.
Older travelers
Gordon B
“Mr”
Reviewed May 23, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Over the last few years we've enjoyed many happy stays in this flat. It's perfectly located for easy access into the town and you only have to travel a short distance to reach the beautiful lakes and wonderful walks. The view from the living room of the flat is a relaxing panorama over the river Kent. The flat has always been immaculately clean when we've arrived and it contains all the equipment, utensils and entertainment systems you could possibly want. It's always the greatest pleasure dealing with Carol, the owner, and we look forward to many more visits in the future.

Mrs Jacki...
“Lovely relaxing stay”
Reviewed August 29, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Carol the owner, met us on arrival and explained all there is to know, nothing complicated. Car parking area outside, very convenient. A nice welcome pack for a brew and snack and treat for our dog. The view from the sitting room window is wonderful, overlooking the river and a grassed walking area. The flat is nicely compact with all you will need for your stay. TV, DVD player plus selection of DVD's, books to read, plus local area visiting info. The shower is excellent. The bedroom is on the small side, but big enough. The location is perfect for the town centre, but remote enough to be a quiet area with some lovely walking areas for our dog.
Ideal base for the lakes and when the weather is good, as it luckily was for us, what more could you wish for.
All in all a great week, thanks for the accommodation Carrol.

Ali B
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed August 9, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Excellent, clean apartment and well kitted out with all the amenities you will need. Lovely view over the river from the sitting room. Has it's own private parking space right outside so you don't have to fight for space in Kendal's public car park. A couple of minutes walk into the town centre or just 15 minutes by car into Windermere. Carol the owner could not have been nicer or more generous! When we let her know the bathroom light bulb had blown, she arranged to sort it out the next day while we were out. On our return to the replaced light bulb she must have seen my wife's Birthday cards on display in the sitting room and had left a lovely gift of a goody hamper and flowers and offered to let us stay another two days for free! This was way above and beyond what I would have expected! We accepted the lovely offer of just one extra night. So thank you Carol for a wonderful stay and thank you again for the gifts! Lovely apartment.

DAWN J
“OK - but disappointed”
Reviewed July 10, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

The property is located on an extremely busy road with three lanes on a one way system so although the living room overlooked the river, the bedroom and kitchen overlook this road and traffic noise starts at around 5.30am so if you are a light sleeper bring ear plugs. We felt the property was basic and could do with some TLC and a good clean, i.e. cobwebs removed from lounge, freezer needed defrosting as door would not shut due to ice and the microwave partly rusted inside - also the crockery could have done with a good clean. The bedroom was stuffy at night but we could not open the window not only due to having no key but also due to the traffic noise. My other niggle - and we do our best to be eco friendly, we were disappointed to be given only one bath towel and one hand towel each for our 5 days stay which I felt was rather poor. Also no wi-fi at the property but our fault we should have checked. We would not return to this property again as we did not feel it was up to scratch for the money we paid.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked least: Location - on a busy road which was not specified in the advert.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Jul 14, 2015
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you felt so disappointed with the apartment.
I will try to address each complaint in turn.

The apartment is right in the town centre. This does mean an element of traffic noise. It is only the rear of the apartment that is affected as the front of the building overlooks the river. I can appreciate that if you are a light sleeper and need to keep the bedroom window open this could annoy you. I will try & emphasise this on the website description in future.

Regarding your comment about removing spider webs and the property & crockery needing a good clean. I am so sorry about this. I did not inspect every area of the apartment as thoroughly as you did, that is obvious and for that I apologise, but I will certainly make a point of being more thorough in future. I would like to point out that no other guest has felt this way in their review - in fact quite the opposite. so I am reassured that this ‘slip up’ is a one off.

Regarding the freezer needing defrosting, When I pointed this out to you, I apologised that you would not be able to use the top shelf and would have to push the door for it to close properly. Unfortunately having guests leave and arrive within a short timespan of each other, left no time for the freezer to be defrosted properly. You assured me this was ok and would not bother you. so I am puzzled that you have raised it as a complaint.

Regarding the microwave, some of the black paintwork has rubbed off on the inside of the door due to excessive cleaning and has exposed the silver aluminium underneath. Thankfully, there is no rust, but I can understand why, on just a glance, It can be easily mistaken as such.

The window does not require a key to open, so I am a bit puzzled by this complaint.

Regarding towels. There were a total of 4 Bath Sheets and 5 Hand towels provided. The spares were in the drawer of the bed base. I mentioned “spares are here’” as I opened the drawer to hand you a towel which you requested to stand on. The bedroom is small, so leaving all the extras in the drawer until you need them is necessary. I am exceedingly puzzled by this complaint.

I provide a meet and greet service for key collection and access. I spent half an hour with you, explaining how everything worked and making sure you were happy with everything in the apartment, before leaving you with my telephone number for any questions or problems. You assured me you were happy with everything and hearing nothing from you to the contrary, I believed that was the case. I am so sad to learn from your review that you felt such dissatisfaction when all the time I mistakingly thought you were happy guests. I have learned something from this sad experience.
rayangie2...
Queensland, Australia
“fabulous”
Reviewed July 6, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

the service we received from carol was outstanding,location was great ,two minute walk to town lovely outlook across the river kent.
the apartment clean and homely

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location and apartment
Liked least: leaving
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing