“Always a great experience”
Review of Sawadee Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

Sawadee Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Always a great experience”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Having ate at sawadee Thai before we wanted to try out the new refurbished restaurant. We were pleased to find that it is still just as good but in a much bigger more spacious setting. We tried a new fish dish and duck dish and loved them. The mixed platter starter was also yummy!! We were so pleased that the waitresses were just as smiley as last time too. We will be back soon!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank g-husband

Kendal
“The most delightful find”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This has to be the most lovely Thai restaurant I have been to and that includes restaurants in Thailand itself!
The food is great, the staff friendly and the interior issuperb too.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Hilary C
Lymington, United Kingdom
“AMAZING!!!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner on a recommendation and it was the best Thai I ever tasted! I wish
I lived near so I could go back again each week. I had the Pad Thai and a drink and it was reasonably priced. The decor is lovely, menu has a wide range and the staff are amazing. You need to go!!!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Nicole D
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“At last, a REAL Thai restaurant”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I like Thailand, and I especially like Thai food, but despite trying several so-called Thai restaurants in the UK, none has tasted anything like the food I have enjoyed in Thailand. Many have been thinly disguised Chinese restaurants, and run by Chinese, and although I like real Chinese food too, it's nothing like Thai cuisine.
Sawadee Thai is different.
Run by real Thai people (one of whom is unfortunate enough to support Heart of Midlothian, and another Aberdeen F.C.) the restaurant is clean, fresh and stylish, and the staff welcoming and friendly.
My measure of any Thai restaurant is the Tom Yum Goong, the hot and sour prawn soup. Sawadee Thai produced a soup indistinguishable from those I have enjoyed in various regions of Thailand, with proper lemon grass and galangal instead of the powdered additives seen elsewhere. We followed with a tofu noodle dish and a mountain curry with pork, both of which were excellent. Sticky rice was STICKY and served in a basket in a polythene bag (to keep it sticky?) and both that and the coconut rice were excellent. We enjoyed the meal so much we diverted on the way back from Wales for another one. Soup again, but red and green curries with tofu (the tofu is good) and jasmine rice. Check the opening hours, as these seem to vary according to demand, and I'd give the (cafetiere) coffee a miss. Have another Singha instead. Apart from that, pretty much perfect, and good value.

• Visited July 2013
Berlin, Germany
“Wonderful”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed in Kendal just for one night und looked for a good restaurant. The Sawadee was wonderful. The food was delicious, the service excellent and we had a wonderful time.

The best Thai Restaurant we have been to for years.

Best wishes from Germany