“Only had a take-away but still very nice!”
Review of Sawadee Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

Sawadee Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Only had a take-away but still very nice!”
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We have eaten here in a past and it was very nice. However this time we tried a take-away and it was very nice! Generally you'd expect a take-away not be as good as eating in, but we enjoyed our. It was piping hot, tasty, well packaged even the sauce. Will deffo go back.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Nice Chinese Food”
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I've used trip advisor for many years now for dining ideas when travelling but have never been compelled to submit a review before. I'll say from the start this restaurant only got 2 stars from me due to the wine being chilled and the waitress being friendly, if not overly so.

The food was very salty and had a lot of MSG in it such as you would fing with a cheap Chinese restaurant, but the prices were certainly above average for Thai restaurants. i have loved Thia food for many years and this meal reminded me of a 90's Thai meal when there were little Thai ingredients in the UK and almost no competition from other Thai restaurants. thankfully those days have moved on. its a pity this place hasnt. avoid!

5 Thank TianaP
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food, venue and service”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

One of the best thai restaurants i have eaten in, the beef salad was amazing and the service was fantastic! Will be back!

1 Thank Blittlebb
UK
“Fabulous Food!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Food = excellent! Service = excellent! Atmosphere = excellent! We were thoroughly looked after by the friendly staff and enjoyed some very authentic, delicious Thai food. A truely excellent restaurant addition to Kendal.

2 Thank VeryW
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,221 helpful votes
“Couldn't Care Less!”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I visited this restaurant on a recent trip to Kendal. The cramped little room had approximately 12 tables of which no more than 3 were occupied. As I was on my own, I did not think there would be a problem accommodating me, but was told curtly that the establishment was apparently, "Fully booked". The lady, who I presume to be the manager or proprietor, offered no apology or displayed any concern. I won't be giving Sawadee a second try. So much for the recession!

7 Thank Howi58