“Excellent afternoon tea :-)”
Review of Booths

Booths
Ranked #117 of 155 Restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: large coffee shop under Booths supermarket in Kendal. there is a café menu and sandwich, cakes, soft and alcoholic drinks available
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Visited this lovely place today with my husband and baby. Shown to a table pretty quick and given the main menu alongside a specials menu. In the centre of the restaurant we noticed another menu advertising afternoon tea. We asked the waitress what this consisted of and decided to order this. The waitress advised us that there was one pot of tea and did we want that brought to us at the same time as the food (very sensible).
After approx 10mins the afternoon tea selection was served alongside our tea (and extra it water). Brilliant selection of sandwiches consisting of ham, egg, cheese, smoked salmon and cream cheese. All these served on fresh white, brown and granary bread. There was a scone each with jam and cream, a slice of brandy fruit cake, a chocolate brownie and a fruit sylubub to finish.

The bill arrived and to my surprise cost £18 in total!!! Brilliant!! My husband and I throughly enjoyed the experience and the staff were extremely friendly. This afternoon tea is a must for anybody visiting Kendal :-)

3  Thank Pip B

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Having been to Artisan quite a few times, I have been impressed with the consistently high standard of food and service. At times, because it is a good restaurant, there can be a queue for tables, but the wait is worth it. The food is served piping hot and in an attractive way, so pleases the eyes as well as the appetite. Whether you just want coffee and cake or a full 3 course meal, well worth the visit.

4  Thank JerryS58
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food here is

The food here was lovely and the restaurnt very nice along with the staff . All the food is locally sourced which helps alot these days .

3  Thank peggsUk
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We always visit Artisan whenever we come to Kendal shopping, sometimes for breakfast - the kippers with poached egg are very tasty, other times for lunch and occasionally just for coffee and a cake at the end of the afternoon.
We visited yesterday for something light mid afternoon, the lunchtime crowd had gone but the place was still fairly busy. My choice from the menu was sold out (chicken liver parfait) so I went for the shrimp and haddock tart - what a mean portion! Okay I knew it was from the "lite bites" section of the menu so I was only expecting a small portion but the tiny tart was incredibly shallow too, it was accompanied by a small but fresh salad. The tart itself was full of flavour and I enjoyed it....I just wish I had a bit more!
Despite being far from a full meal it took a good 25 minutes for the food to arrive - bearing in mind that my partner only had a toasted teacake this seemed an excessively long wait. The waiter was excellent and replaced my other half's pot of tea free of charge.
What was interesting was the number of waiting staff on duty - there were loads of them, I watched four of them come and individually clean the same empty table whilst we were sat waiting for our food! Perhaps their services would be better used in the kitchen where there must have been a staffing shortage!

1  Thank sueevie
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Lovely restaurant with great quality, locally sourced food. The menu is delightful with a wide range of choice and things which are a bit 'different'. Recommend the trio of praws and black pudding salad.

4  Thank StudentB_13