“Overpriced and rude”

Booths
Ranked #114 of 148 Restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: large coffee shop under Booths supermarket in Kendal. there is a café menu and sandwich, cakes, soft and alcoholic drinks available
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Overpriced and rude”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The menu was overpriced. It cost 17 pounds for breakfast for two which consisted of 1 egg, 2 rashers of bacon , 3 tiny cumberland chipolata's (described as sausages on the menu) and a toasted English muffin.tea and coffee x 1 each. Our waiter , Michael, yes I have decided to name and shame, was extremely rude in making a mobile phone call while serving us and then walking away from the table so he could continue his obvious "life or death " conversation. I assume it must have been that important a phone call for him to neglect his paying customers in such a rude fashion. I feel I will write to the management. Not only this but the icing on the cake in terms of downright rudeness and offensive actions was when a female cleaner swanned into the gents lavatory while my new husband was using a urinal without even knocking on the door first and then had the audacity to remain in the bathroom while my husband finished his business!!!!!!! OUTRAGEOUS ! She did not blink an eye, or even apologise and get the hell out of there, she just carried on like it was perfectly acceptable. I am incensed and will NEVER return to this pretencious, overpriced excuse for a restaurant. I want the world to know too so no one ever suffers such embarrassment and appalling service again. I would swear I am so angry but then this would not be published.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Gastr0dude

Windermere, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food, slow service”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were greeted and sat down relatively quickly. Too long waiting for our order to be taken and then at least twenty minutes before our drinks arrived. The children by now were restless. Finally the food arrived. An artisan board to share was delicious and different. More than enough for 2. The children had sausage and mash, very tasty for them although a shame that it wasn't served with vegetables. The staff seemed far too busy wiping tables to chat with customers. Unsure of where to pay and rudely pointed to another till by a member of staff.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Swin1981
Blackpool
“Good quality food but service could of been slightly better.”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Visited this branch of Artisan today and wasn't really impressed or dissapointed, the service was very attentive from the staff but there just didn't seem to be that many of them, we also witnessed A party of 3 sit down at A table, 1 of the ladies in the party was disabled, for them to be told they couldn't sit there by A member of staff and would have to go back to the front of the restaurant and wait to be seated. They walked out which I don't blame them, after all there was no one else waiting to be seated, so surely a little discreation could of been used.
Overall I would go back if I was in the area but I think the branch in Lytham has A much better atmosphere and their staff are lovley.

2 Thank blackpoolbazza
Newcastle
“Pretentious nonsense!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We've twice tried this place and twice been flabbergasted at the attitude of staff, who are full of their own self importance. At best the food is mediocre and the value poor.
We're very fond of Booths and thought this would match their reputation, but we shall not return.

• Visited August 2012
Dalton-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service, and they take Tastecard !”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Nice atmosphere, polite and friendly staff, great choice of teas and excellent food, we will definately be returning.

• Visited August 2012