“Delicious, healthy and filling”
Review of Baba Ganoush

Baba Ganoush
Ranked #10 of 156 Restaurants in Kendal
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Coffee shop, sandwich bar and Deli with tables to sit in or takeaway. Additional seating is available in the Canteen located a little further down the yard.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

There are two parts to this place, one on each side of the street. I ate in the delicatessen part. I was disappointed that, even though I sat down to eat, I was given plastic cutlery and a cardboard box. Seems not v environmentally friendly.

However, the food was absolutely delicious. I'll go back next time I'm in Kendal and will go to the cafe on the other side of the street, where I suspect I'll get a real plate and cutlery!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Baba Ganoush is one of Kendal's most popular lunchtime destinations for very good reason. Tucked away, near a fantastic bakery, and opposite its take-away sister, it specialises in delicious wholesome food. On the day I visited I had white onion soup - and for £3.95 it was great value for money- and, more importantly, absolutely delicious. I'd recommend Baba Ganoush to anyone visiting Kendal.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Great little place for food, the soup was good and the sandwiches were lovely. Great selection on the menu and very extensive species board. Staff were friendly and very attentive.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Great food, from middle eastern dishes to English bacon butties. Family friendly. Open 9.30 am to 4pm.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

In a small town where everywhere seems to do pain and machine formed cappuccino I was desperate for something clean, fresh and healthy - stumbled across Baba Ganoush (down small alley slightly away from main street). Great, filling salads with lots of variety and freshly made - plus meat if desired. Nice homemade soups and nice bread... The takeaway salad box dud 2 of us!
Service great and really helpful - amended salads and added/changed stuff to suit dietary needs.... no complaints or moans!
A healthy breath of fresh air fir those not addicted to bland 'Starbucks style' pre made sandwiches etc