“Nice lunch, different and wide range of choices”
Review of Baba Ganoush

Baba Ganoush
Ranked #9 of 159 Restaurants in Kendal
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Coffee shop, sandwich bar and Deli with tables to sit in or takeaway. Additional seating is available in the Canteen located a little further down the yard.
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I've had lunch here a couple of times with friends and both experiences were broadly the same. The staff are friendly and welcoming and the food is delicious and portion sizes are good too. A bit more pricey than in other Kendal cafes but this reflects the quality I think. There is a massive range of food available with daily specials. The only thing I would say which could improve the experience is the ability to book a table (which they don't offer but to be fair to them they do advertise this fact).

Lovey food but they should look for bigger premises because the are very busy every time I've been in - clearly a response to the great food and friendly service

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We love coming here, the tea is lovely and given in teapots with imaginative tea cosies. The food is always good with a good selection of fresh bread. The soups are particularly filling and always tasty. The food is a bit on the pricey side, but I guess you pay extra for the healthy side. Would recommend especially for health conscious people. Excellent service and atmosphere.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Food is always excellent here with a great amount of choice. The food is freshly prepared and you can definitely tell. It was very busy when we first got there but got quieter as the lunchtime rush passed. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

my friend lives in Kendal and on a recent visit he treated me to lunch at baba ganoush. we arrived really early, got a nice table and tried to order from the totally yummy menu. I found it hard to choose, everything looked so nice. we ended up having the soup and sandwich special. what excellent value for money. the chilli beef soup was utterly gorgeous and my friends white onion and cider soup was incredible, served up with two huge toasted sandwiches and a little salad. there was a real lively buzz about the place, the staff are so friendly and helpful. we then had brownies and gooey shortbread which was just gorgeous!!! I will definitely be back whenever I visit Kendal. what a little gem of a place. they have got it just right.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We visit Baba Ganoush ( canteen ) most weekends when we are in Kendal and just love the atmosphere and food in this cafe the choice and quality of soup is always great and the quiche and choice of salads are superb.