“Average stay with wonderful view”

Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Kendal
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel is average for what it offer. The room does have wonderful view of the lake. Room overall fair the sofa/convertible bed has seen better days, dirty, tears and marks on it and dust at the corners of the room and also by the bed side.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We are very lucky to have such beautiful views from most of our rooms. If you book again, please do contact the hotel directly so we can allocate you a room with a view.

I'm sorry about the housekeeping issues you experienced. We are currently working to remove and/ or replace many of the sofabeds in the hotel. I hope this didn' t spoil your stay.

I hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) in the future. Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights with my family. Super big family room with separate section for my son to sleep in. Comfortable and clean. Lovely views from our window of the lake and despite being on the motorway services very quiet. Most of all super helpful lady at reception.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay. It sounds like you had one of our large family rooms. If you book to stay in future, please do call the hotel directly so we can allocate you one of these rooms as we only have 2 of this size.

I'm so pleased you found the receptionist so helpful. I will certainly pass on your lovely comments.

I hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon - keep an eye on our website for special offers. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Hotel itself was very clean. Reception staff very friendly. Room was large and bright, but bed linen a little sparse, only one very flat pillow per bed.
Despite being next to the motorway the hotel was very quiet.
Would definitely stay again and recommend to friends and family

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We are very lucky that we are insulated from most of the motorway noise by a big hill!.

I'm so sorry you were unhappy with our pillows. We put one on each bed in a twin room, but there are always two on the wardrobe shelf behind the bedroom door. We try to put a combination of flatter and fuller pillows in each room to try to meet every guests' preference.

I do hope to welcome you and your family and friends to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon - keep an eye on our website for upcoming offers! Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were very disapointed with this motel. the bathroom wall was stained, my wife actually cleaned it herself it was so bad. the bathpanel was stained and shabby. the kettle was not clean the lid was brown and the inside was also stained. The discription on the booking form said the chair was a "lounge" chair it would best be described as hard seated hard backed canteen chair. It also stated it had a cofeemaker, this was non existant. the raidiator switches were grubby and unclean, the general apearance of the room was dated, and in need of renovation. All in all it was not a decent place to spend the night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry you had a disappointing stay. I'm not aware of any websites we advertise on stating that we have lounge chairs and coffee makers, but I will certainly check and have this removed. I have already spoken to housekeeping about the issues you have raised. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

more suited for people staying one night or so when coming off motorway, we stayed for 2 nights to use a a base for a golf outing, got soaked at Kendal golf club and the lovely lady on the desk tumble dried our clothes for us " very nice of her" the food in the services was very bland and we chose to eat out in the local villages/towns even then it was a lot cheaper and fresh made,
the room was facing the lake no23 twin room comfy but my friend said the bed was to soft for him, i found it very comfy, but the pillows were well past their sell by date and were all clumpy.
cant complain to much as we got the £60 for 2 nights deal 50% off which helped us choose the Days Inn Killington lake.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry the weather wasn't nicer during your visit, but I'm thrilled the team were able to dry your belongings.

I'm sorry you found the pillows uncomfortable. We put 4 pillows in each room, and we try to have 2 soft and 2 firm to try to cater to everyone's tastes. Please do just ask at Reception if you have a problem such as this in the future and we will do our utmost to resolve the issue. I'm thrilled you had a comfortable stay - but I do hope that your friend was not too uncomfortable.

I'm sorry you were disappointed with the Roadchef restaurant. In the evenings their meals are on offer at 2 for £12 and they are all cooked freshly to order. You can also buy vouchers from reception which buys £10 of food and drink for only £7.50. I'm sorry if this wasn't made clear to you on check in.

I'm delighted you were able to take advantage of one of our online special offers, and hope to welcome you back in the future - do keep an eye on the website for upcoming deals! Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We booked this as we were travelling from the north of Scotland to the South of England so it seemed a handy location. I entered the post code into my sat nav which tried to lead me off the motorway a junction too early. I was a little nervous about booking a hotel next to a service station but I needn't have worried. The rooms faced a lake and moutains to the east. The hotel is relatively cheap and has reasonable in-room facilities - coffee, tv etc. The hotel sells £10 breakfast tokens for the Roadchef restaurant for £7.50 but be warned - no change is given so don't buy too many tokens. Plus points are price, location but on the negative side it is slightly tired.

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms are great
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased you had a pleasant surprise! Although we are situated on a motorway service area, from our lake facing rooms you would have no idea as you enjoy the views over the reservoir and on to the Howgills in the distance. Please do contact the hotel directly so we can allocate you a lake view room as this is the only way to ensure this.

I'm so pleased you were able to use our discount vouchers in the Restaurant. Reception will always try to assist in calculating how many vouchers will be suitable for your party.

I do hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) in the future, thanks again for your review.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great stopping off for Scotland both ways
Great views ask for lakeside views room Staff very helpful but room was looking a little tired Still good value for overnight stays Even though near to M6 it was very quiet I would use it again

Room Tip: Ask for lake view room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Please do contact the hotel directly to request a lake view room as not all rooms have this. I will certainly pass on your lovely comments to the team. We are very lucky that although we're on a motorway service area we are very well hidden from the sights and sounds of the traffic by a large hill so we don't have a problem with traffic noise. I'm delighted you found us good value and hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) in the future. Thanks again for your review.