Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
Thorns Hall(Sedbergh)
View Hotel
All reviewsmotorway serviceslake viewservice roadbudget hotelovernight stopfamily roomlady on receptionbooked this hotelbath and showerlovely viewlong journeytwin roomnight's sleepnight stayshort stayvery pleasant staycomfy bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 18, 2013

more suited for people staying one night or so when coming off motorway, we stayed for 2 nights to use a a base for a golf outing, got soaked at Kendal golf club and the lovely lady on the desk tumble dried our clothes for us " very nice of her" the food in the services was very bland and we chose to eat out in the local villages/towns even then it was a lot cheaper and fresh made,
the room was facing the lake no23 twin room comfy but my friend said the bed was to soft for him, i found it very comfy, but the pillows were well past their sell by date and were all clumpy.
cant complain to much as we got the £60 for 2 nights deal 50% off which helped us choose the Days Inn Killington lake.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry the weather wasn't nicer during your visit, but I'm thrilled the team were able to dry your belongings.

I'm sorry you found the pillows uncomfortable. We put 4 pillows in each room, and we try to have 2 soft and 2 firm to try to cater to everyone's tastes. Please do just ask at Reception if you have a problem such as this in the future and we will do our utmost to resolve the issue. I'm thrilled you had a comfortable stay - but I do hope that your friend was not too uncomfortable.

I'm sorry you were disappointed with the Roadchef restaurant. In the evenings their meals are on offer at 2 for £12 and they are all cooked freshly to order. You can also buy vouchers from reception which buys £10 of food and drink for only £7.50. I'm sorry if this wasn't made clear to you on check in.

I'm delighted you were able to take advantage of one of our online special offers, and hope to welcome you back in the future - do keep an eye on the website for upcoming deals! Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We booked this as we were travelling from the north of Scotland to the South of England so it seemed a handy location. I entered the post code into my sat nav which tried to lead me off the motorway a junction too early. I was a little nervous about booking a hotel next to a service station but I needn't have worried. The rooms faced a lake and moutains to the east. The hotel is relatively cheap and has reasonable in-room facilities - coffee, tv etc. The hotel sells £10 breakfast tokens for the Roadchef restaurant for £7.50 but be warned - no change is given so don't buy too many tokens. Plus points are price, location but on the negative side it is slightly tired.

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms are great
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased you had a pleasant surprise! Although we are situated on a motorway service area, from our lake facing rooms you would have no idea as you enjoy the views over the reservoir and on to the Howgills in the distance. Please do contact the hotel directly so we can allocate you a lake view room as this is the only way to ensure this.

I'm so pleased you were able to use our discount vouchers in the Restaurant. Reception will always try to assist in calculating how many vouchers will be suitable for your party.

I do hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) in the future, thanks again for your review.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great stopping off for Scotland both ways
Great views ask for lakeside views room Staff very helpful but room was looking a little tired Still good value for overnight stays Even though near to M6 it was very quiet I would use it again

Room Tip: Ask for lake view room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Please do contact the hotel directly to request a lake view room as not all rooms have this. I will certainly pass on your lovely comments to the team. We are very lucky that although we're on a motorway service area we are very well hidden from the sights and sounds of the traffic by a large hill so we don't have a problem with traffic noise. I'm delighted you found us good value and hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) in the future. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

A decent motel style stopover.
Conveniently located, sadly the quality and variety of food on offer next door at the motorway services restaurant (nothing to do with the hotel) was beyond dire and overpriced.
The room and bathroom were clean enough, and we slept well. The receptionist was friendly and welcoming, and booking online gave a good value roomrate, Just make sure you eat before you arrive, because

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1  Thank John C

Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased you were happy with your hotel stay. As you say, we are perfectly situated for exploring the Lakes and the Dales - we're just 5 miles from Sedbergh and 10 miles from Kendal, and just off the motorway for heading further up into the northern Lake District. I hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) in the future - do keep an eye on our website for upcoming special offers! Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Considering how close this is to the motorway I found it a welcome restful stop on a long road trip. The staff on the front desk were friendly and happy to chat. Everything from my booking was ready for me so I could check in, in one minute.

The motorway service area is alongside the pleasant Killington lake and so I was able to stretch my legs and have a sit on a bench overlooking this stretch of water, to get the images of the motorway clear from my eyes.

No frills but clean , tidy and very quiet with friendly staff throughout. The only downside was the expensive charges of convenience good in the service area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm delighted we were able to provide a little haven away from your long drive. We are lucky to have such a beautiful view, and quite large grounds that allow guests' to have a short, or a slightly longer walk, to enjoy the tranquility. I'm so pleased you found the Receptionist friendly and helpful. I will certainly pass on your lovely comments.

I hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) in the future, thanks again for taking the time to submit a review.