“EXCELLENT VALUE”

Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Kendal
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had never stayed in a Days Inn before so it was a new experience for me and I was pleasantly surprised. On booking in we were welcomed by an extremely pleasant young lady. Our room was large with a double bed and additional sofa bed. It also looked on to the lake and we enjoyed the sight of the rabbits running around on the grass. The bathroom was spotless and had both shower and bath. Soap and shower dispensers and tissues were provided. Tea and coffee making facilities are also provided. It is possible to by vouchers at reception for £7.50 which gives you £10 to spend in the adjoining service station. We did not use these so cannot comment. Parking is free. This was our first visit to a Days Inn and I am sure we will use them again as a stopover.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your first experience of a Days Inn and I'm thrilled to hear we made such a good impression! We are very lucky to have such a beautiful location and the team work very hard to ensure that all our guests' have a clean and comfortable stay. I hope next time you are able to take advantage of the discount vouchers we offer for use in the Roadchef Restbite restaurant, either for an evening meal or breakfast.

Thank you again for your review, and I hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stopped here with two dogs to break our very long journey from Inverness to Cheltenham.
The place was over run with rabbits they even came up to the entrance of the hotel. My dogs were difficult to handle as all they wanted to do was chase the rabbits. The midges were very bad because of the lake. The rooms were clean but basic and very hot.
They also charged £10 for each dog. It was expensive compared to the other Days Inn. I am told because it has a Roadchef which closed at 9 so we were unable to eat there.
The service station was dirty and tired I wouldn't stay there again with dogs.

2  Thank dinglepoppy
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. Due to our rural and peaceful location, we do have a large community of wildlife around the hotel- including rabbits and several types of birds - some endangered. We do suggest that dog owners take their dogs for walks down our access road which has long, wide grass verges that make it safer than using the car park area. Unfortunately due to our proximity to Killington Lake itself, at certain times of the year, midges are attracted to lights in and around the hotel. We try to advise guests' to keep their windows closed to stop the midges entering the rooms, and we can provide fans to try to help keep rooms cool. We have also been trying to keep the curtains in rooms closed throughout the day to keep the temperature as low as possible. I'm disappointed you found the room basic. We try to provide all the facilities guests' could need, while keeping the price as low as we can. We try to make it clear that there is a charge per pet, per stay, not per night, as there is extra cleaning involved after having a pet in the room to ensure it is fresh and ready for the next guest to check in to.The price we charge was decided after research into other hotels and the price they charge for pets and is competitive.

I will certainly pass your comments on to the Roadchef. Their restaurant does close at 9pm, however both Costa Coffee and the WH Smith shop remain open 24 hours so there is always a food and drink option available.

Once again, thanks for your review, and I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We have stayed in a Days Inn before and were very pleased with the quality for a budget hotel and again we were not disappointed. Large room with double bed and also a convertible sofa, a bathroom with a proper bath and shower. Slight downside was that we had to keep the windows shut of a night because of midges and this being one of the hottest days of the year made for an uncomfortable nights sleep although we were given a fan. It would have been nice to have air conditioning but its not often warranted in this country. The surrounding scenery and lake were beautiful and it was a delight just sitting outside taking in the sights and watching the wildlife.

Room Tip: I would think all rooms would be of the same high quality. The best views are ones overlooking the l...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry you found the room too hot. Unfortunately as a budget hotel chain we don't have air conditioning in our rooms, but we do have some fans available from Reception. We do advise at certain times of the year that guests' keep their windows closed as our location, so close to beautiful Killington Lake, does attract midges and to avoid them entering the rooms, keeping the windows closed is the only option.

All of our rooms are the same, but if you do come to visit again, please do call the hotel directly so we can ensure you are allocated a room with a lake view. Please keep an eye on our website for special offers!

Thanks again for taking the time to review Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Arrived just before10pm after a day sightseeing and walking on what had been the hottest day of the year, check in smooth we were on ground level over looking the lake with lots of rabbits running round playing in the fading ight, after such a busy day we just wanted a shower and bed, so thats exactly what we did bathroom and bathroom clean looking a bit tired but guess with so much use you would have to be updating them so often it would push the prices up. bed was really comfy and the bedding was fine although it was so hot in the room we didn't really want a duvet on us.

We opened the window of the room and it must have cooled the room slighty as we both managed to sleep, Morning found a beautiful veiw of the lake sheep walking past birds wizzing round catching flies for ther breakfast and again the rabbits hopping around - haze over the water it was a beautiful scene. We didn't use the facilities of the service station but there was everything you could need if you did want to use them. I would book this again if we wanted an over night stay we were there for less that 12 hours but we hadn't gone away to stay in our room. Car parking is included in the price.

2  Thank cheekyfairy
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay - albeit a brief one! It sounds like you had had a long day and I'm so pleased you had such a comfortable night's sleep. We are trying where possible to keep the curtains closed through the day in the hope that it helps keep the rooms a little cooler. We're very lucky to have such a variety of wildlife on our doorstep. Part of Killington Lake is a bird reserve, so we do sometimes have some quite unusual breeds also.

If you do come back to stay with us again, please do call the hotel directly so we can ensure we allocate you a lake view room as not all of the rooms have the view. I hope to welcome you back soon, and thanks again for your review.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

the inn was clean and tidy people polite and very helpful the location on Killington lake was so lovely sitting out the back relaxing the view was fantastic we would have been happy to stay there a few days longer

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We are very lucky to have such a beautiful location and, although it is stunning in all seasons, Killington Lake is certainly looking it's best at the moment in the sunshine. I hope you enjoyed breakfast on the patio at the Roadchef next door! I'm delighted you found the team polite and helpful, I will certainly pass your feedback on.

I hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon - and hopefully you'll be able to stay a bit longer! Do keep an eye on our website for upcoming special offers. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

When we did finally arrive at the Hotel after driving down a country lane and ending up in a farm (sat nav ) we were greeted in a very friendly manner by the receptionist . The room we were given was facing the lake and what a view of the lake,hills,sheep and wild rabbits .The room was a very good size comfortable beds and a good size bathroom . Excellent value for money for our three night stay . The only gripe is the price of food even with the discount voucher in the service station restaurant and coffee in Costas is a real rip off just like the costas staff who think they are doing you a favour serving you . Easy pretty journey to the lakes and Kendall with plenty of places to eat. Will stay again when in that part of the world .

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view so good and tranquil after a long drive
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We are very lucky to have such a wealth of wildlife on our doorstep. A guest told me yesterday that she'd seen two hares running across the grass from her window the day before.

I'm sorry you had problems finding us. Unfortunately many satnav devices take drivers to the middle of the postcode which, due to our rural location, is on the other side of the lake. We do advise guests' to contact the hotel for directions rather than rely on satnav to find us.

I'm delighted to hear you would stay with us in future, and hope to speak to you on your next visit - do keep an eye on our website for special offers! Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel is nice and quiet. We had a good view of the lake which was fantastic. Room is clean and comfortable. Service is good and value for money. Overall a very pleasant stay. We are quite happy with Days Inn chains of accomodation as their standards are pretty consistent - clean, comfortable and without frills.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank White F
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoy staying at Days Inn, and particularly pleased you enjoyed staying with us. We are very lucky that the hotel is hidden by a big hill which hugely reduces the traffic noise. Please do call the hotel directly to ensure we can allocate you a lake view room in future.

I hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon and thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendal
Premier Inn Kendal Central Hotel
10 mi away
Damson Dene Hotel
Damson Dene Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crosthwaite

Been to Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake? Share your experiences!