“ideal for an over nighter”

Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Kendal
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Arrived just before10pm after a day sightseeing and walking on what had been the hottest day of the year, check in smooth we were on ground level over looking the lake with lots of rabbits running round playing in the fading ight, after such a busy day we just wanted a shower and bed, so thats exactly what we did bathroom and bathroom clean looking a bit tired but guess with so much use you would have to be updating them so often it would push the prices up. bed was really comfy and the bedding was fine although it was so hot in the room we didn't really want a duvet on us.

We opened the window of the room and it must have cooled the room slighty as we both managed to sleep, Morning found a beautiful veiw of the lake sheep walking past birds wizzing round catching flies for ther breakfast and again the rabbits hopping around - haze over the water it was a beautiful scene. We didn't use the facilities of the service station but there was everything you could need if you did want to use them. I would book this again if we wanted an over night stay we were there for less that 12 hours but we hadn't gone away to stay in our room. Car parking is included in the price.

2  Thank cheekyfairy
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay - albeit a brief one! It sounds like you had had a long day and I'm so pleased you had such a comfortable night's sleep. We are trying where possible to keep the curtains closed through the day in the hope that it helps keep the rooms a little cooler. We're very lucky to have such a variety of wildlife on our doorstep. Part of Killington Lake is a bird reserve, so we do sometimes have some quite unusual breeds also.

If you do come back to stay with us again, please do call the hotel directly so we can ensure we allocate you a lake view room as not all of the rooms have the view. I hope to welcome you back soon, and thanks again for your review.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake

Reviewed July 13, 2013

the inn was clean and tidy people polite and very helpful the location on Killington lake was so lovely sitting out the back relaxing the view was fantastic we would have been happy to stay there a few days longer

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We are very lucky to have such a beautiful location and, although it is stunning in all seasons, Killington Lake is certainly looking it's best at the moment in the sunshine. I hope you enjoyed breakfast on the patio at the Roadchef next door! I'm delighted you found the team polite and helpful, I will certainly pass your feedback on.

I hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon - and hopefully you'll be able to stay a bit longer! Do keep an eye on our website for upcoming special offers. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

When we did finally arrive at the Hotel after driving down a country lane and ending up in a farm (sat nav ) we were greeted in a very friendly manner by the receptionist . The room we were given was facing the lake and what a view of the lake,hills,sheep and wild rabbits .The room was a very good size comfortable beds and a good size bathroom . Excellent value for money for our three night stay . The only gripe is the price of food even with the discount voucher in the service station restaurant and coffee in Costas is a real rip off just like the costas staff who think they are doing you a favour serving you . Easy pretty journey to the lakes and Kendall with plenty of places to eat. Will stay again when in that part of the world .

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view so good and tranquil after a long drive
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We are very lucky to have such a wealth of wildlife on our doorstep. A guest told me yesterday that she'd seen two hares running across the grass from her window the day before.

I'm sorry you had problems finding us. Unfortunately many satnav devices take drivers to the middle of the postcode which, due to our rural location, is on the other side of the lake. We do advise guests' to contact the hotel for directions rather than rely on satnav to find us.

I'm delighted to hear you would stay with us in future, and hope to speak to you on your next visit - do keep an eye on our website for special offers! Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel is nice and quiet. We had a good view of the lake which was fantastic. Room is clean and comfortable. Service is good and value for money. Overall a very pleasant stay. We are quite happy with Days Inn chains of accomodation as their standards are pretty consistent - clean, comfortable and without frills.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank White F
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoy staying at Days Inn, and particularly pleased you enjoyed staying with us. We are very lucky that the hotel is hidden by a big hill which hugely reduces the traffic noise. Please do call the hotel directly to ensure we can allocate you a lake view room in future.

I hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon and thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have used Days Inn at Killington on several occasions and whilst I would agree its a little tired decoratively speaking it is clean and comfortable. The staff have always been very helpful and friendly. The cafe next door is very nice but pricey. Nice views to sit and look out at whilst relaxing eating your breakfast. Parking is ok but you do wonder with it being right in the middle of the service station how secure your vehicle is. For me though travelling north or south I find it very convenient stopping point and one which is very pleasant with views of the lake. Bit of a trek even by car. on a pretty bumpy stretch of road.to get back onto the North bound carriageway.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you have stayed with us several times, and hope you continue to do so in the future. I'm delighted you find the hotel clean and comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. I hope that you take advantage of the vouchers we offer at Reception which give you a discount in the restaurant in the services next door. I'm sorry you find the access road up to Junction 37 a long distance. Although it is only about a mile, it can sometimes feel longer as some care is required as it is a narrow lane, but it is a lot shorter than the 16 mile round trip down to Junction 36 and back up to Junction 37.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon - do keep an eye on our website for upcoming special offers. Thanks again for your review

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Wanted to visit Lake District over the bank holiday but hotels were full. Hence had to book a hotel outside Lake district. Chanced upon this hotel on the internet and stayed for one night.
Was quite happy as the staff were friendly, rooms were big (they gave us the room with one double bed and with an attached room with two singles) for three of us to stay in.
The hotel is also beside the reservoir and a small farm, with sheep running about, providing a scenic view,
The negative part of this hotel is that it is relatively old and lots of things are showing signs of age. It is in a service area in right in the middle of the motorway (isolated) and you do feel concerned about safety.

Room Tip: If you are travelling in groups of 3 or 4, you can request for the room which has the adjacent room...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for your review. I do hope you enjoyed your stay. We are very lucky to have such a beautiful location. I'm sorry you felt isolated. One of the advantages we have is that we are so accessible from the M6 motorway, both south and north bound and both the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District are within easy reach of the hotel. I'm delighted you were able to enjoy our beautiful views and the local wildlife! I hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We've used other Days Inn hotels and found them to be ideal for a couple nights stay and/or a base for the surrounding areas but the Killington Lake hotel is a little dated and the location, based on the South bound side, makes things a little inconvenient especially if wishing to travel northwards.

Room Tip: If you do use this Days Inn ask for a lakeside view room and one that is situated as far as possible...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you were so disappointed with your stay. Although we are situated on the southbound carriageway of the M6, we do have an access road which will lead you directly back to Junction 37 so you can head northbound. If you decide to visit us again, please just ask at Reception and we will give you directions. I hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon.