Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake
$60
Travelodge
$95
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmotorway serviceslake viewservice roadbudget hotelovernight stopfamily roomlady on receptionbooked this hotelbath and showerlovely viewlong journeytwin roomnight's sleepnight stayshort stayvery pleasant staycomfy bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 12, 2013

It was half term and we fancied getting away. The lakes hotels were clearly doing well and it was pretty last minute then we found the Day's Inn near Kendal. Without doubt the best view from a lodge hotel at a services in the uk.

Great value and requested nice view if they could and got Room 27 for the 4 of us. Twin beds in an adjoinging area for the children and at the £40 we paid it was exceptional value. It is simple but certainly delivers. On a cold day it was nice and warm and the view. An easy ride into the Lakes for some hill walking with a great one found on englishmanwalking.com

made for a great break and nice and peaceful. The only slight down side was the breakfast next morning in the adjacent services where we paid £32 for 4 nothing special fry ups which didn't have much on the plate. Still a great night away.

Well recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Room 27 is one of our large family rooms. We do only have two of these, so we do recommend that you call the hotel directly if you would like to book this room in the future and we will do our best to accommodate your request.

Our hotel is perfectly situated for visiting both the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales. I will certainly visit the website you mentioned - it's always useful to have local information for our guests.

I'm so sorry you were disappointed with breakfast. We do offer vouchers at Reception that provide a 25% discount on meals in the Restbite Restaurant in the Roadchef services. If you stay again, please do ask about these.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon - keep an eye on our website for our best offers!

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Clean, great staff, lovely welcome and very helpful. Better quality and space than we expected and at a very good price. Location is great for a budget hote. Will keep this one on my list of places to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm so pleased our hotel exceeded your expectations. The team will be delighted you enjoyed your stay so much and I look forward to welcoming you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) in the future. Do keep an eye on our website for our special offers and promotional rates - and don't forget to contact the hotel directly to ensure we can allocate you one of our lake view rooms. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

So we booked a budget hotel for our three nights stay away and this was where we choose. It is exactly as you would expect you would think however the views from the rooms are outstanding, the staff are super efficient, the rooms very clean and practical. Certainly worth more than the £29.00 per night we paid. Super located for exploring the lakes or going a bit further north over the boarder! Keep up the good work Days Inn Killington Lakes!

Room Tip: Make sure you get one which faces the lake! Great view to wake up to.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Do keep an eye on our website as we often have promotional rates such as the one you booked available.

I'm delighted you found the hotel clean and practical and the team super efficient. I will make sure I pass your lovely comments on to our lovely team.

I do hope you will come back and visit us soon. Please make sure you call the hotel directly to make sure you get one of our lake view rooms!

Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Check in fast, friendly & efficient. Recognised as Wyndham Rewards member :D
Room standard ok, a little tired however all very functional. Room was very clean!
Nice view of lake from room.
Wi-Fi connection good and strong.

Only negative comment would be that the room I was in was next to the stairs and could hear people going up and down them and the stair door opening and closing, however this wasn’t actually obtrusive and it didn’t disturb me during the night.

A very pleasant stay at a very good price. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 123NeilyB

Thank you so much for your review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I'm delighted you found the room clean and the welcome friendly and efficient. I do hope you were able to take advantage of the Wyndham Rewards benefits during your stay.

I'm sorry you found your room a little noisy. I will certainly look in to whether we can do anything to quieten the fire door leading to the stair. I do hope it didn't spoil your stay.

Thank you again for your review, and I do hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Booked 2 nights stay just as the snow arrived. The view from our room was amazing and we found the hotel to be a great location to visit different areas of The Lakes. The room was very clean and lovely and warm as it was so cold outside! The lady on reception was more than helpful. She advised us to purchase vouchers from the hotel to use at the resturant next door so our meals worked out a little cheaper. We got a good deal on the room and would definately return again come snow, rain or sun.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We seem to have had quite a lot of snow this year, I do hope it didn't cause you too many problems! We are a handy base for visiting both the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales and one of the advantages of our special offer rooms is that you can book an extra night or two to thoroughly explore the area! Do keep an eye on our website for our best offers.

I'm delighted you found the room clean and warm, we try to keep the rooms cosy for guests arriving when it's as cold as it has been, and I'm thrilled you found the receptionist helpful and friendly. Our vouchers for using in the Roadchef Restaurant are good value and I'm pleased you were able to take advantage of them.

Thank you again for your review - and I hope that you have sunshine on your next visit to us!