“Good location, good rooms”

Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Kendal
Reading, United Kingdom
“Good location, good rooms”
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Good quality room, friendly and helpful staff, free wifi (wasnt working though and free parking, overall quite good! Would recommended due to promixity to motorway and beautiful lake just behind... no fridge or microwave though

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Thank you so much for your review of Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake). I'm so pleased you were happy with your stay. Unfortunately our Wi-Fi is not working, and we have updated our website to ensure all our guests are aware of this before booking. Please do keep an eye on the site so that we can let you know when it is working again. We are very lucky to have such a beautiful view over Killington Lake. If you book with us in the future, please make sure you request a lake view room as, although most do overlook the lake, we do have some that do not. We do not provide microwaves or fridges in the rooms as we feel this would add too much to the cost of the rooms. I do hope this did not cause you too much inconvenience. I hope to be able to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Hull
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Recently stayed at the Days Inn Killington Lake near Kendal.
The hotel was great value for money using the Daily Mirror vouchers.
The Room was a family room, with a separate archway to the two twin beds, as well as a double bed in the main part of the room. Colour flat screen television, hairdryer and tea making facilities also available. There was also a bed settee in the room. The bathroom also had a shower, everything you could possible need, with plenty of hot water.
The Room was very very clean the sheets crisp and white and the beds were very comfortable as were the pillows. Even the net curtains and the curtains were crisp and clean which is not always the case when visiting hotels.
Had a great nights sleep with no noise disturbing us from the motorway.
The staff were quiety efficient and friendly.
The voucher scheme was good value purchasing at £7.50 but spend value £10 in the service area next door.
Finding the hotel on the motorway was a bit of a problem, but eventually found it by coming off at junction 37 and taking an immediate right turn back on the motorway south bound and just up the motorway we found the Days Inn.
The room looked out onto Killington Lake and the view was great, most of the rooms have a lake view, so all in all had a good time in a very comfortable hotel.
Used an AA route map to help us find the hotel, but even they got the directions wrong when coming off the motorway, they advised three quarters of a mile before right turn back onto the south bound motorway, but in actual fact its an immediate right turn, so will be contacting them to inform them of the error.
Thank you.
L.Nasby

Room Tip: Most rooms have a great view of the Lake
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Thank you so much for your review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. You had one of our large family rooms and unfortunately we only have two of these so, if you would like to book one of these in the future please do contact the hotel directly so we can make sure you are allocated one of these if they are available. Luckily we are very well hidden from the motorway by a large hill so we don't have problems with traffic noise - especially if you are in one of our lake view rooms. I am sorry you had trouble finding us. It can be a little tricky the first time if you are coming up from the South, but the good news is once you've found us the first time it's much easier the next time! I think the AA was probably trying to direct you down the private access road we have for our guests' to use if they need to get northbound again. I will certainly get in touch with them to see if we can resolve that problem. I do hope you'll return to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon - keep checking the website for special offers!
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Very helpful, friendly staff. Rooms very basic but very clean. Limited TV channels. Beds extremely comfortable. We got this as a special offer of £25 per night so excellent value for money. Hotel sell vouchers for £7.50 which are worth £10 at the Roadchef next door where the food is very good. One word of warning ! Don't rely on your Satnav as the postcode for the hotel takes you to the wrong side of the lake - the staff were very familiar with this problem. If you're travelling from the South leave the M6 at junction 37, turn right on to the A684, then get back on the M6 southbound. You can only access the services from the southbound side of the motorway. Try and get a lakeside view.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
KendalDIManager, Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this review, March 12, 2011
Thank you so much for your review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry you had problems with Sat Nav, as you say, it is a problem we are aware of, and we are currently working on resolving the issue as soon as we can - the postcode is correct, it just unfortunately covers quite a large area as we are so rural!
I do hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel soon, the £25 offer you mention is running until April 2011. If you would like to request a lake view room, please do contact the hotel directly as they are very popular! Thank you again for your review.
Lancashire
Reviewed January 14, 2011

we booked this hotel through the daily mirror promotion and so it only cost us £10 a night! fab bargain!!

we had a room with a double and 2 singles and wow it was huge, the singles were in their own little room accessed via an archway leading from the main room!

staff were extremely helpful and our room was neat and tidy upon our arrival!

just a small grumble, down the back of the sofa we found a puzzle book and pencils, so the sofa had obviouls just been hoovered around!! and the side of one of the single beds was thick with dust, i saw this as i pushed 2 singles together to make one bed.

apart from the smal grumble i was thoroughly impressed with the hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The room you stayed in is one of only two of this type in the hotel. If you would like to book that room in future please do contact the hotel directly so we can allocate the correct room type for you. Please accept my sincere apologies for the housekeeping issues you found. Please be assured I have spoken to the housekeeping team about it to ensure it does not happen again. Although the £10 Daily Mirror offer has now finished, please do check our website for the most up to date special offers. I do hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon.
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Basic, Travelodge style hotel at a motorway service station. Clean bedroom and bathroom, the bed was comfortable, the one member of staff we met was pleasant and efficient.
Very quiet given the roadside location.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
KendalDIManager, Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this review, December 21, 2010
Thank you for your positive feedback. I am delighted you were happy with your stay. We are very lucky that although we are on a motorway service area, we are hidden from the road by a hill which means we have very little traffic noise. I will pass on your kind comments to the revelant team member. I hope to welcome you back to Kendal (Killington Lake) Days Inn soon.
West Yorkshire
Reviewed November 23, 2010

I booked this hotel for £10.00 through the newspaper deal but got a call to say that the hotel was closing over Christmas. I got one of the rooms refunded but the other night I was in the area and there was happy let me used the other £10.00 night which was last Saturday, I spent the day in the Lake District and was very tired after a days trekking, I was a bit confused as to get there as it was pitch black and no lights on the road so I couldn't read the road signs. But one call to the front desk pointed me in the right direction.

To be honest I wasn't expecting much, but was surprised when I checked in, the girl was lovely in the front desk and helped open the door as I had heavy luggage, it is actually in a nice service station area very modern.

The rooms where slightly dated but it has a Samsung LCD, the beds where comfy and the bathroom clean. The walls where rather thin but I guess you get that with most hotels. The view from the bedroom window was lovely, panoramic view over Killington Lake.

Cheap and cheerful but for £10.00 who can argue.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive comments. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I hope rearranging your stay didn't cause you too many problems. I'm glad the team member on duty was so helpful and that you had a lake view room - most, but not all of the rooms have a beautiful view - if you request it when making a booking with us we will do our utmost to allocate you one. I hope to welcome you back to Kendal (Killington Lake) Days Inn soon.
London, England
Reviewed October 17, 2010

We stayed here twice. Once on the way up to Scotland and then again on the return journey. Two different experiences. First night we were in a double on the lower level. The room and especially the bathroom smelled of stale cigarette smoke. The bed which was very warm had a worn matress and we found ourselves rolling into the middle all night. On ther erturn we had a twin room on the upper level and we both slept well.Both rooms were very well equipped for a budget hotel. My only grouse on the last night was there was only one bedside light between two beds.

The hotel is on a Motorway Service Area so access is limited from the southbound side of the motorway only. The on site restaurants are those situated within the service area. Note there is also no alcohol available for this reason. the restaurants are limited and quite expensive for what they provide. If you speak to the hotel recptionist she will point out the private access road that you are entitled to use as hotel guests. This allows you to drive into Kendal or to Sedburgh in the Dales in about 15 minutes. We did both over the two visits and had dinner in the Globe Inn, Kendal and Dalesman Country Inn, Sedburgh. Reviews are filed under those names. You can purchase discounted vouchers for breakfast (£7.50 for £10.00 spend) but we still had to add to the total bill. On the last visit we left early and stopped for breakfast in The Posthorn at Leyburn. Review again filed under that name.
Staff at the hotel were friendly and the view out the back over the lake was splendid. The hotel was being re branded as days Inn on the day we left.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple