All reviews evening entertainment coach driver walk in shower the main bus station bus passes lovely holiday spent a long weekend bus service lake district hotel situated enjoyable break coach party the hotel manager high standard third floor lovely hotel recommend this hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My first impression of the hotel was this looks nice. When booking in Fred and the Staff at the recèption desk greeted us like long lost friends. Booking was quick and one of the staff took our cases up to our room. We had top floor room and had the best view in the hotel. The room was large spotlessy clean. The dining room was spotless and the waiters brilliant. The food was good for meat eaters. But lacked alot for vegi,s and vegans this part needs sorting presentation
Of this was poor But overall we loved our stay will be going again soon. Last but not least we would like to thank all the staff. Well done to you all. Thank you

Room tip: Room was very good. No tips.
Date of stay: September 2019
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DaishsHoliday, Guest Relations Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I am sorry you did not find the menu fully to your taste, I do hope you let the Manager know as we do like to try and rectify any issues during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

County Hotel very clean and very smartly decorated, room and bathroom really nice, but did have a problem with water pressure on shower. Food could have been better, portions on the small side and not very hot, also had to wait to be served.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm sorry to hear that you had issue with some elements of your holiday. Given this hotel has had a full refurbishment, it is odd to hear that you had poor water pressure, I am sure the hotel would have investigated if advised of this.

I apologise that you found the dining experience not to your satisfaction, I hope you also mentioned this at the time.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2019

The décor was lovely best Daish's hotel reception was lovely and friendly, but the restaurant was not has good I felt because I had booked with Daishs the people had just booked separately was served even they did not come in till late not good at all just wished they would get the service had the same problem at Llandudno new year

Room tip: the room was lovely décor was very good nice and clean
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SarahC11906, Guest Relations Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2019

Thank you for your review. I am glad you found the hotel up to our usual standard and the staff friendly. I am sorry you did not find the service in the restaurant organised or efficient I do hope you let the Manager know as we do like to try and rectify any issues during your stay.

Reviewed September 8, 2019

Had lovely break ,started with coach driver Robbie funny and entertaining,hotel and food very good,can’t wait to go back.All the staff at hotel were very good especially Fred the hotel manager.All in all enjoyed holiday from start to finish.

Room tip: Room was good ,tidy clean only down side was noisy fan outside but it went of 10pm came on at 7am.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your excellent review and taking the time to leave such positive feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon

Reviewed September 7, 2019

Staff were friendly and helpful. They Staff very helful and friendly but they seemed to be hard pressed for time with much to do. Would be nice to have fruit available instead of a sweet with the evening meal.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your kind review and taking the time to leave such positive feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon