“Long Weekend Bike Trip”
Review of County Hotel

County Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Kendal
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Booked a long weekend for 6 six hairy motor bikers and I can't fault the service. The Manager (Kevin)/ staff were very accommodating and even cleared the Hotel garage so could store our bikes in the dry. Kevin was also willing to purchase certain beverages for us if the brand wasn't stock within the hotel..... you wouldn't get this service from mainstream hotels.

The Manager is certainly the best asset to the hotel

Great place to stay for biking around the Lake District!! Great value for money!! And great staff

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lee B
Andrew P, Hotel Group Operations Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Many thanks for your recent review.

I was please to read you had enjoyed your stay at the County Hotel - Kendal.

Kevin is a very good manager and has built a very good team there over the last year or so.

Once again many thanks and we hope to see you again soon.

Kind regads

There are newer reviews for County Hotel

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Just stayed one night, on arrival reception was very friendly, check in was supposed to be 3pm but had arrived early and they allowed us to check in about 3 hours early at no extra cost. we had just come off the train, as as soon as we were out of the station the hotel was easy to spot, great location, 2 mins walk from the shops. The rooms were basic but had everything u needed, and very clean. We were offered breakfast for a reasonable £5 but as we were at a wedding, knew we probably wouldn't be up in time! Which we weren't! We did actually get up a bit late and were not out of our rooms by checkout time, despite this, we were not charged any extra.. Kevin on reception was helpful and friendly with all requests, including directions, taxis etc..would definatly stay again!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank shadylady6
Gemma A, Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us recently.

I was pleased to read your positive comments and have passed these on to Kevin and his team who will be pleased to read them.

Thank you once again for your custom and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again at some point in the future.

With Kind Regards

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have marked this hotel a 3, after staying for 5 weeks on business. On the second week of my stay I was very badly bitten by what the doctor told me was bed bugs. On my return to hotel the Manager assured me that the mattresses were cleaned on a regular basis and could not have been bed bugs. On my last week in a different room the exact symptoms reoccurred again. I once again spoke to the Manager but he seemed to think it was nothing to do with the hotel. I beg to differ that is why I shall not be staying at this hotel again. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank jeffbell_13
Gemma A, Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Many thanks for your review of your recent stay.

We have investigated your comments and found no trace of bed bugs. We are sorry that your stay was overshadowed by this matter and I can assure you that your comments have been taken seriously and as such we have also taken all precautionary steps to ensure that none are present within the hotel.

Once again I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that you feel unable to stay at the hotel in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Went here with my Walking Group 2 weeks ago. Staff were very nice and helpful. Had to call on Kevin to sort out the telly, he did very quickly. Nice room, comfortable just needed a bit more updating. Food on the whole was great, especially the poached eggs for breakfast.We (nearly all on our table)said how good they were.The food was always well cooked and hot.
K evin told us there was even a place for cleaning off the muddy shoes etc.When we left a few of the staff even came to wave us off and Kevin thanked us for being a good crowd to look after. A happy and cheerful place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Gemma A, Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the County Hotel, Kendal.

We certainly hope you will be back to stay with us again at some point in the future.

With kind regards.

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here @ the start of the month, it's right by the rail station & 5 mins walk 2 bus station & town centre.
I was greeted by a welcome smile & painless check in.
Room was big warm & a fab really hot shower, it's on a main junction entering the town centre yet traffic noise was minimal & I slept very well.
The only food I had was breakfast which was ok aside from the day the manager asked if I was vegetarian & I had a fab breakfast, so thanks Kevin (I think).
It's not the ritz mind & you get what I pay for however overall I have no complaints about my staff & if like me you simply want a base then give it a go.
Happy lake & felling!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank redbuddha1974
Gemma A, Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the County Hotel, Kendal.

With kind regards.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

we mark this hotel with a three and it could be seen as harsh but four would be to generious.the room was dated but clean.we had breakfast which was ok not great but edible.staff were very good and saved a lower score.one note of caution parking can be a problem.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jinxy54

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay.

I was sorry to read that you did not feel able to give us a higher score and was sorry that you felt the breakfast was just ok as this is an area that we generally score well in.

We know there are certain rooms which need upgrading but as you state, our rooms are clean. Our staff are proud to work at the County which is reflected in their manner whilst at work, which in turn helps guests to enjoy their stay.

Unfortunately, without our own car park it can be difficult around the town as spaces are limited.

I do hope you will feel able to stay with us at the County Hotel or at one of our other properties at some point in the future.

With Kind Regards

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Staff are very friendly and cater for your every need,it's a hotel where coach parties go of the older generation for a week or weekend retreat but they cater for contractors to
They do B+B or Half board basis with a good selection of traditional home cooked food and a good selection
Nice bar and function room for the oldies entertainment at nights

• Stayed: March 2013

Many thanks for your recent review of the County Hotel, Kendal.

I was very pleased to read your positive comments and will pass these on to management and staff who will be pleased to read them.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the future. Once again many thanks.

Kind Regards