“Stumbled across but was very happy”
Review of Strickland Arms

Strickland Arms
Ranked #11 of 153 Restaurants in Kendal
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Pontypridd
“Stumbled across but was very happy”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Great resteraunt, stumbled into place after getting off motorway on way to Scotland. Good food, good service. Very happy

• Visited June 2014
Nicola H, General Manager at Strickland Arms, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review the Strickland arms, and I am please that you found it a good stop once coming off the motorway. We hope you will visit us again if you are ever around this area.

Many thanks,

Nicola

Decorah, Iowa
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Our B & B host reserved a table for us here and we had high expectations. We found however, the service to be terrible (over an hour to get our food) and the drinks didn't come until ten minutes after our order was taken. I wanted to order the "Trio of cumberland sausages" that was listed on the dinner menu but was told that it was unavailable but a worthy substitute would be "3%$$^&*&^%^" reported by our waiter in an unintelligible Scottish accent. What came was a huge bowl of "chips" and three burgers, assumedly different types of ground sausage, served on three buns atop a lettuce leaf. Egads! My wife ordered some barely dish - filling but uninteresting. The local lager was good, but otherwise - don't waste your time unless you're just there for a pint or two.

• Visited June 2014
Many thanks for taking the to write a review for the Strickland arms. Please accept my apologises that you felt that you we're let down by both the food and service that you received. Although I do find you comment on one of team members a little bit alarming surely asking for him to repeat himself would have been the best thing to do rather than just order something you didn't know was coming.
In regards to items being out of stock we are currently in the process of making our menu fit for summer so some of our heavier dishes are being replaced with salads and lighter ones.

We really do hope that do visit us again and thank you again for your review.
“Could (should) do better !”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Ate here with family and was disappointed with the food, but particularly the service.
I like to feel valued as a customer, not a nuisance to be tolerated.
Nice building and patio area, but spoilt by the most uncomfortable chairs I've ever sat on !
Disappointing.

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review for the Strickland arms, please accept my apologises that you felt both the food and service could have been better. We really do pride ourselves on putting our customers first and going that extra mile for each and everyone on of them, unfortunately it sounds like this wasn't the case when you visited us. We do hold regular team meetings and training and I would like to apologise on behalf of all the staff.

We really do hope that you do visit us again so we can show you what we can do.

Many thanks
Bowness-on-Windermere, United Kingdom
“Customer service rubbish”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We booked this pub/restaurant for my wife's birthday arrived five minutes early , went to the bar ordered a drink tried to put it on our table but we're told we have not allocated you a table yet , alarms bells should have warned what was to come , we went outside drank are our drink came back in and we were shown to a room upstairs , we sat in this room completely on our own no atmosphere at all disappointing start ,we then sat for another 25 minutes nobody came to take our order I went down stairs to complain then we still waited another ten minutes for some one to come ,when the manageress came I complained about the situation the apology was very half hearted and told us it was busy ,my answer to that is get more staff ! There we're several spare tables down stairs with reserved on them ,we were told they were for people who could not get up the stairs which was rubbish just excuses , her manner was rude and customer skills nil.
She took our order but no drinks order, it was another wait for a drinks order to be taken , eventually a drinks order was taken we then waited another 20minutes no drinks came , by now. we were very fed up with this pathetic excuse for pub/restaurant we left , iam 56 years Old and have never walked out of any establishment , this place was terrible , we went to plough at Lupton what a different experience , it was clean,efficient ,staff could not do enough for you ,
The Strickland arms was dirty our table was sticky with beer residue the staff were useless , I can not comment on the food we never even got that far , thanks to the plough our evening was saved
Would I recommend this place defiantly not , it trades on an old reputation when a very good restaurant manager was in charge , I can just here managers response now but iam afraid very few truths I would imagine

“OK food”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We dined here one evening and sat outside on the terrace.

The pub was welcoming but my starter course was a very large portion of chicken liver on bread - a main in itself,however the main course of gammon steak was OK but a bit disappointed as no veg or salad , just a piece of gammon some chips, one fried egg and a small bowl of pineapple relish, it was tasty, but would have liked a second egg and either a salad or some peas.
My wife had the goats cheese starter follows by the haloumi dish and declared it very good and just right portion size.
I would eat here again but not the same dishes.

• Visited June 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review the Strickland arms, I apologise that you felt the gammon required some vegetables or salad, if you had requested these the staff would have more than happily provided them as we always want our customers to leave happy. We do look forward to seeing you again soon

Many thanks