“Good Lunch - good value, quality and atmosphere”
Review of Strickland Arms

Strickland Arms
Ranked #12 of 150 Restaurants in Kendal
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Good Lunch - good value, quality and atmosphere”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We sat in the garden for a sunday lunch, is was very tidy and clean. The bench table and seats were in a good state and well spaced apart. We ordered the meal and it was delivered quite quickly, and with all the accompaniments. Nothing was too much trouble and was cleared after all courses.
It was a very good experience and will definatly go back again. The meal was averagly costed , and well worth the £.

• Visited June 2014
Nicola H, General Manager at Strickland Arms, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review the Strickland arms, and thank you for uploading the pictures. I am happy to hear that you have managed to enjoy some of the nice weather and dine outside.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon,

Rossendale, United Kingdom
“Very good, but I do like Salt and pepper ;-)”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Called in mid afternoon and was pleased to find they serve right through, Really pleasant staff and the decor inside was excellent, however we chose to sit in the beer garden which was very very nice. The food was really good and value for money for the quality.
The only negative was I was not offered condiments with my meal so had to trek to the bar for them, which is a bit of a schoolboy error to be honest.

• Visited May 2014
Nicola H, General Manager at Strickland Arms, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Many thanks for your review and I am so glad to hear that you have managed to pick one of the sunny days we have had to visit us and experience our great garden! I have taken your points on board about the condiments and we now have a basket on the front table so people can help themselves when they come in and place their orders.

We hope to see you again soon,

Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Good Food :-) Non attentive staff :-(”
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

As it was Bank Holiday and very busy downstairs, we asked a young waitress if we could sit upstairs ...she NEVER returned to us !! We then asked another young waitress the same question -AGAIN, she ignored our request !!! She took our order and said there would be a 20 minute wait. 40 minutes later our food arrived ! The food the was lovely. Just a shame the service is VERY poor. We had to beckon the waitress over for a pudding menu. She agreed to get it for us, however, proceeded to clean the table next to us and didn't even take our empty plates away ! To add insult to injury, a gentleman (who appeared to be a manager) turned up, came up to our table and took away a pint glass WITHOUT asking if 'it' was finished with. As there was at least 6 mouthfuls left, we had to retrieve the said glass from the bar ! Its SUCH a shame that the good food is let down by the very poor service

Visited May 2014
Many thanks, for taking the time to write a review for the Strickland arms and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the food that we offered. Please do accept my apologies that you felt the service wasn't up to the same standards of the food, we are always striving to better our service and we hold regular training sessions so I will bear all your points in mind when our next one is scheduled.

We really do hope that you do visit us again sometime soon,

Kind regards,

Shropshire
“Great food and service.”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Coming up on holiday for the weekend to the lakes we decided to drop in to Sizergh Castle first, as it was near lunchtime we decided to have lunch in the Strickland arms. From the outside it looks a bit drab (perhaps a fresh lick of paint wouldnt go a miss) but on entering you are welcomed with open arms very warmly. We have a seven year old and five year old and they were welcomed with the news there were plenty of games to play with!

We ordered the £10.95 special of two courses, I had asparagus in garlic butter and sausage and mash, both were great. My wife had prawn cocktail with loads of prawns and portobello mushroom and hallumi burger which was described such that you were in no doubt there wasn't a burger included. The kids had chicken gougons and fish and chips, they were great as well and plenty of them.

All in all I would certainly recommend if you are in the area to pop into the Stickland Arms.

• Visited May 2014
Many thanks for your review of the Strickland arms, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to us. Our lunchtime menu proves to always be a big hit and the chef's change this weekly so if you are a frequent visitor you aren't always enjoying the same dishes.

I hope that you had a great holiday and we look forward to welcoming you again

Many thanks,

Kendal, United Kingdom
“great dog friendly pub”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I go to The Strickland 2-3 times a month usually as it is on the path of several walks I love with my dog around Sizergh, Levens and Sedgewick. You can take your dog inside and anywhere not just the bar. They have dog bowls handy too and dog treats to purchase at the bar. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable when being asked specific questions about the menu. The food is good and freshly cooked. I haven't given it 5 stars because the service can be a bit slow and sometimes they get orders confused. But they are always apologetic and the quality of the food is good. They have a lovely garden with lots of tables/chairs and a good area outside in front of the pub too. The décor/furniture inside is quirky e.g. reclaimed tables and chairs. It is very homely and welcoming.

• Visited May 2014
Nicola H, General Manager at Strickland Arms, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Many thanks for your review, I am glad you enjoy coming to The Strickland Arms with your dog. I apologise about any confusions that there have been with your food orders but I am happy to hear that the staff always deal with them in a good manner.

We hope to welcome you back soon,