“Once again, it was quite superb. I love it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Strickland Arms

Strickland Arms
Ranked #14 of 146 Restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Once again, it was quite superb. I love it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Once more I had occasion to visit my in-laws in Kendal, and once more I had lunch at The Strickland. Three of us this time and we managed to fit in an hour's lunch. Oh the place was heaving (it always is!), and after a few drinks we sat down and ordered our fave roast beef plate with all the trimmings -need I say it was quite sumptuous and a very generous portion (my wife said she wanted a divorce so she could marry the chef!!!) As ever the staff were jovial and quite efficient and the atmosphere was cheery and good natured. We were at no point rushed and everything was just so - a very reasonably priced and enjoyable visit. We shall return.

Ayr, United Kingdom
“strickland heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Tired and hungry with teenager and well-behaved pooch in tow, we visited at 6 ish on a Friday evening for a quick drink and decided to stay for a meal. We enjoyed delicious and generous starters (black pudding fritters and button mushrooms in a blue cheese sauce) and would recommend the mains of steak pie and seafood platter - all first-class and delivered promptly. Fabulous cosy atmosphere in a lovely setting. We passed on our compliments at the time and would like to do so again here. There are very few country pubs that serve food of such good quality in such pleasant surroundings and are also dog-friendly. We'll be back next time we're in the Lakes! Amazing pub atmosphere in a classy establishment - well done indeed!

Windermere, United Kingdom
“One of the best pubs serving food in the Lakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

We have lived in the area for 5 years and we have always planned to visit but never quite got round to it. We finally made it on a Friday night when we were invited to join a group of friends. What a discovery this is and without a doubt one of the best pubs in the area for food. Generous portions and tasty food. I had mushrooms in a blue cheese sauce served on sourdough bread followed by steak and ale pie, chips and veg. Unusually for me I can usually manage a dessert but I was truly full. Drinks to start, two courses, coffee and service £27 a head. All served by friendly staff. We will definately be returning again and again. Worth booking to make sure you get a table. Highly recommended!

Ripon, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch with a difference”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Recently visited this pub for Sunday lunch , picked it as a good easy place to visit the family. Sad there is no signage when you turn right off the A590 only the signage for Sizergh Castle !. However when we arrived it was clear that this was going to be a popular place as cars were starting to arrive. Welcome was great and told we had a table reserved upstairs there was 7 of us ( including two kids Aged 4 & 6). Great choice menus, from sandwiches to full Sunday roast and a good kids menu. Choice of price for 2 courses of 3 - but I would defy anyone to eat 3 courses as the portions were generous. I chose roast pork, crackling, apple sauce and the works. Excellent. Staff were great too, very helpful and efficient. I would definitely visit again - but remember to book !

1 Thank AngieJS20
Bolton
“Great - highly recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Enjoyed a lovely meal at the Strickland Arms last night. Not overly extensive menu but more than enough to choose from and no bad thing for someone as indecisive as I am! Excellent, local, well cooked food with a welcoming and smiley service. We will be back next time we are in the area.