“Absolutely brilliant and real value for Money.”
Review of Strickland Arms

Strickland Arms
Ranked #25 of 155 Restaurants in Kendal
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I was in Kendal last weekend just visiting friends and headed out for some dinner on Saturday Night. The cab driver recommended it so I gave it a shot - boy am I glad I did as the grub was real topper, huge portions (fish and chips), great atmosphere and good beers. I will deffo be back.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

I'm sorry to have to say this but i have to agree with the last review it was expensive for bog standard food, the bagettes that were ordered were cold not at all crispy and the lettuce on the side salad was starting to turn brown and not very nice, the lamb hotpot seemed ok but nothing special, and to cap it all the service that we received was diabolical, we waited 45minutes for our food to arrive, i certainly won't be returning in a hurry, they definately need to improve their standards before i go back, so therefore i would not recommend this pub.

Reviewed December 10, 2011

I have eaten in the Strickland many times and usually greatly look forward to it as, until recently at least, it is normally great. The last few times have, however, been major disappointments, which is a great shame. The food which was at one time fabulous, is now bog standard. I ate a turkey main there recently which made me feel 25 years younger - it brought me back to my schooldays and stodgy fayre which was the routine. I had duck there a few months back which again, was very poor, and nowhere near as good as I could do myself for a few quid. On both occasions though the starters were ok, and the beer, as always, was variable and excellent. I'm not sure if the Strickland is resting on it's laurels and relying on it's former reputation. The current food however simply isn't up to scratch, and for all the ambience of the place, given that there are numerous very good eateries within a few miles, I won't be going back until I hear that the place has sorted itself out. Sorry Strickland, I'd love to give you my business, but I expect better.

Reviewed December 4, 2011

Enjoyed the meal, £160 for six of us inc wine. Nice setting, well finished, rural. Service in general good, could have been quicker to start with. Would go again without doubt.

Reviewed November 29, 2011

We went here to celebrate a birthday - really nice setting and ambience (the kind copied by new pubs) We all had a starter and a main meal and the portions are quite large so we left full!! The lamb hot-pot could have fed 2 of us. Really enjoyed the locally sourced food e.g. Morecambe potted shrimp and that food is freshly cooked to order. Not sure if the man who took our drinks order is the manager but his attitude was a bit 'can't be bothered' - which is a shame because other staff members were polite and friendly. The wine was presented already opened in a cooler and was just plonked on the table - only a small thing but shows a lack of attention to detail - wine should be opened at the table and poured for tasting. Toilets need some attention - spiders had moved in! Would still give this place a second try though.