We stayed in the Kendal PremierInn as a base for the Lakes. After booking online, we got an email about the limited parking on site and also a week before our arrival, we received a courtesy call from the hotel to reiterate the information. I thought this showed very good customer services, which is something we are used to from PremierInn. On arrival, thankfully there was one spot left and my husband was able to claim it - the parking situation was pretty ridiculous as there seemed to be some construction work going around and cars were parked haphazardly. The location of the hotel itself is great as it is very central, but the parking situation is a bit of a nightmare. Not sure how the restaurant/ pub next door copes as I can't imagine many diners being impressed with the lack of parking?! Check-in was painless and the receptionist was helpful in explaining re parking - when it's free, etc. The room was a standard room with toiletries, towels and hairdryer provided. There was also free tea and coffee though a shame no decaf (which Travelodge does provide!!). Loving the curved shower rail so the shower curtain doesn't cling to you in the shower - great shower with just the right spray and temperature! Besides the parking situation, another flaw is the soap dispenser at the sink which didn't work very well, so we had to press it quite a few times for it to work. It would also be great if there were towel rails in the toilets - as there is only one hook at the back of the door and nowhere to put hand towels. The bath is quite high, so for someone with short legs like me, I had to take extra care when getting in and out of the bath. We had a good night's sleep at the hotel and will not hesitate to stay in another PremierInn in future. We didn't have breakfast booked through the hotel as it's pretty pricey (more than £8) and you can easily get cheaper breakfasts elsewhere. I think it's commendable that customer services seem to be a key in the chain and I applaud the efforts taken by staff to make sure guests feel welcome and comfortable. Well done, PremierInn!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Kendal Central Premier Inn has everything you'd expect, incredibly comfy beds in every room and an onsite Table Table restaurant for a fresh new twist on eating out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Kendal Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Kendal Central Hotel Kendal
- Premier Inn Kendal Central Hotel Lake District