“One night stay near to Lake Windermere”

Premier Inn Kendal Central Hotel
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Kendal
New Milton, United Kingdom
“One night stay near to Lake Windermere”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Booked to stay here for the night as I received the Premier Inn email having stayed in their hotels before. We were planning to stay somewhere near Lake Windermere before travelling onto York for a few days. For the date we wanted the room was only £29 which was amazing and booked it immediately. Although the rooms in Premier Inns are standard throughout, it is great knowing what to expect and that the standards are very high. We arrived a couple of hours early but our room wasn't yet ready so we headed off out to do some exploring. When we returned the room was ready and check in was efficiently done and we were advised of the offer for dinner and breakfast which we opted for after reading the details. Our room was clean and comfortable and the bathroom was good. Even hair/body wash in the shower. Great when only staying a short time. I have stayed in Premier Inns before and know how comfortable the beds are. I think my husband was a bit sceptical but was extremely pleased to find out I wasn't "bending" the truth. We both slept soundly and would have loved to take the mattress home. Our breakfast in the morning was delicious (as was our meal the evening before - even though just usual pub menu food) The location was great for us and would definitely recommend to others

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road which did seem to be a bit busy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Stamford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed at the Kendal premier inn for one night in March 2013 on our way to Grasmere for a few days. We were very lucky on arrival to get a car parking space as they are very limited (to be fair a member of staff had rung me a few days before to advise me about the parking and they would help show us where we could park). On arrival we were met by Sophie, and excellent member of staff who was very cheerful and helpful. Hotel is in easy walking distance of a number of places to eat and drink (we ate at the 'Deja-Vu' next door - very good!) Room was great with loads of room and no noise outside. A great hotel to stay and will be back again.

Room Tip: Room 4 on the ground floor was very good for us
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We use this hotel on a regular basis as a stopover travelling south from Scotland. It really is a great value place to stay, with very comfortable rooms and lovely staff. Parking has never been an issue as you are free to use the Council Offices car park which is almost opposite. Our reservations lie with the standard of food in the restaurant. We had a lunch there at the beginning of December which was simply awful. We asked for some finger vegetables for a baby and were given a plate of boiled cabbage. Very odd choice! On our latest visit, we ate in the restaurant in the evening. I ordered beer battered fish and chips, which was more expensive than the standard fish and chips. Now, I have eaten beer battered fish and chips in a number of restaurants and would expect the fish to be coated in light, crispy, tasty batter. Not the case here. The fish was that kind of triangle shape you get when you buy frozen battered fish and the batter was overcooked and hard. My husband had some kind of chicken and ham pie and he was not too impressed with that either. We have had issues before trying to get served with Irish coffee later in the evening. It was early, so we decided to give it another go. Guess what? No Irish whiskey available to make our coffee. We chose other liqueur type coffees and they were unlike any we have seen before. Normally, you drink your coffee and liqueur through some lovely thick cream. Not in this case. They looked like lattes gone wrong and I couldn't even drink mine. I know that Premier Inn take customers comments seriously and hope that they take these issues on board.
It's a shame, I do love this hotel and its friendly staff but in future we'll be eating elsewhere when we visit.

1 Thank Shawlands
Manchester
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Great location in town centre. Very clean rooms and corridors but poor car parking facilities. Bit noisy due to building work outside but hotel it's self fairly quiet. Pub restaurant attached but better quality and better value meals available in other pubs.

• Stayed March 2013
Wirral
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night for a family wedding in the area and decided to give the Premier Inn a go, we were so happy we did. The service was excellent, from the text before we set off to ensure we had directions, to having the room ready early at our request so we could get changed and ready for the church, all showed signs of a competent and customer centric ethos.

I had read many posts about the dire parking situation at present, partly it seems due to building work close by, however on both occasions (Friday lunchtime & Saturday morning) when I needed to park I was able to do so.

We had a family room for my two children, wife and I and it was comfortable and clean and other than my 9 month old waking us with her cries (oh the joy) we had a good nights sleep.

We paid for the full breakfast and again we were impressed. Choice is good and nothing was too much trouble for the staff, in fact they were really attentive. Cereals, toast, fruit, yogurts etc were self service, hot foods were taken on order, tea and coffee was self service.

So would we stay in a Premier Inn again as a family, too right...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bury, Lancs
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Lucky enough to book a very cheap offer for this hotel and have vouchers for the restaurant adjoined, and we weren't disappointed. I can see that the car park may be an issue, but we were extremely fortunate to drive straight in to a prime spot which was free of charge to residents at weekend. The young lady on reception gave us an excellent, friendly welcome, lots of info about the local area. Room was excellent, but I found the lighting quite difficult- I know they were energy saving lights, but it makes a lovely fresh room seem quite dull. We put them all on and it was still quite dark. The location is perfect for the centre of Kendal, but we went to the restaurant on site which is normal pub type fare, fine but very restricted choice for me as vegetarian. Overall, we had a great overnight stay,excellent value, good service and we would definitely return.

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

All-in-all, this is of the usual high standard I have grown to expect from premier inn: spotless rooms, friendly staff, nothing is too mucb trouble. The issue is...parking!! The car park at the time of my stay is pay and display (think i read £1.80 per hour), and consists of approx 15-20 spaces for both the hotel and restaurant guests - use of a nearby town hall car park is free as long as it is vacated before 8.30am. Its a 4-5 minute walk which doesn't bother a youngish bloke like me, but I would worry slightly for old folks and lone female guests having to walk to the hotel in the dark...

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank sidsnott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendal
Riverside Hotel
The Duke of Edinburgh Hotel
#4 of 13 in Barrow-in-Furness
North Lakes Hotel & Spa
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant

Been to Premier Inn Kendal Central Hotel? Share your experiences!