“Ideal central location and Excellent Service”

Premier Inn Kendal Central Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Kendal
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“Ideal central location and Excellent Service”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Typical Premier Inn, service excellent, room clean with tea & coffee facilities, hair dryer, flat screen TV. Table table restaurant is next door, with an ajoining door from the hotel. Check in was very quick as we'd paid in advance and managed to get the room for only £39! Even with Kendal's terrible one way system, the hotel was very easy to find. We had an issue with our room with noise from the fans on the roof, the person on reception was fantastic and sorted us out with another room.

Now for the only negative - Parking! There is a very small pay and display car park with probably less than 15 spaces, we were very fortunate to get the last space, but other cars were parking all over the pavements etc and blocking in other cars! In the hotels defence they do explain about the parking on the website and we also received an email from the hotel about the parking and also a courtesy phone call a couple of days before our stay and a text message - all explaining about the parking - so you can't complain that you weren't warned!

Even given the problems with parking this was one of the best Premier Inns we've stayed at, the service was excellent, the location right in the centre of Kendal and a nice restaurant next door.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
liverpool
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This was exactly what I would expect from a Premier Inn. The room was a good size, a little basic but very comfortable especially the beds and choice of pillows. The staff were very accommodating and the adding pub served a really good value breakfast and had a great atmosphere.

The hotel has an arrangement with a local car park and it really is just across the road so very convenient.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I appreciate we get what we pay for, but where to start with probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in a lot of the Premier chain. On arrival I was told there was no more parking available in the car park and asked to move my car. As I did so I watch the receptionist place the next car to arrive where mine had been parked. I was then directed to an overflow car park and was assured I would not get a parking ticket. So I trusted the staff and moved my car, when I got back to the hotel I even double checked I had moved the car to the right car park as it was a pay and display and not a council car park. I was told it was right, but low and behold at 0800 the next morning I had a parking ticket. The hotel management simply refused to engage re the subject. Very disappointing. The evening meal was supposed to be chicken goujons and ribs, but was actually chicken dippers that were not even cooked properly, again disappointing. My advice, if you know you will be tired and actually want a service for the money you will pay stay elsewhere!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Mark L L
Whitbread-77, Social Media at Premier Inn Kendal Central Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel.

At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Wakefiled arms food and facilitys are super. Fast kind helpful service I would recommend people to stay there if they plan to stay in kendal

Room Tip: Doesn't have a swimming pool or fitness center
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Renfrew, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Can not fault this premier inn at all . Excellent friendly staff, a fab location for a visit to Bowness and Windermere. Will be staying here again, highly recommend. Very speedy check in. We didnt have a issue with parking although I can see it would be a problem. But that wouldnt bother us as its a perfect location. Kendal itself is just on the doorstep which we enjoyed walking around.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
perth
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great base for the lakes. Good clean comfortable hotel with friendly staff. Limited parking out front but parking available within short distance. As with all Premier Inns there is a well priced restaurant next door and plently of eating within a short distance. Would recommend and stay there again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mary1962perth
Hindley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Excellent hotel in Kendal very friendly staff and a sound attached pub, very easy to find and only a stones throw from the town centre

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendal
Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection
#7 of 14 in Kendal
The Duke of Edinburgh Hotel
The Duke of Edinburgh Hotel
#4 of 13 in Barrow-in-Furness

Been to Premier Inn Kendal Central Hotel? Share your experiences!