“Jintana restaurant in Kendal”

Jintana Thai Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 153 Restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Description: Jintana Thai Restaurant is located on Highgate in the centre of the Historic Town of Kendal, Just 70 yards from the Brewery Arts Centre. Open since 2010, the restaurant offers diners a relaxed, friendly environment in which to enjoy our freshly prepared authentic Thai Cuisine. Decorated with imported Thai furniture, artwork and statues, our dining area provides the perfect setting to enjoy our wide selection of meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes, each of which is freshly prepared to order by our team of experienced Thai chefs. Our fully licensed bar offers an extensive range of World and Asian Beers and Wines, as well as some specially mixed Asian Cocktails. Jintana Thai Restaurant is perfect for couples, and also for families and large parties, with its cosy and intimate surroundings everyone is welcome. As soon as you step inside, you are greeted with a warm welcome by our staff dressed in traditional Thai costumes. The restaurant and bar are available for hire to host private functions and receptions which can be tailored to your needs. Please contact us with your requirements.
kendal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jintana restaurant in Kendal”
Reviewed March 2, 2011

On Feb the 14th me and my partner went out for a meal to Jintana and I must say that we had an excellent time there! The place is beautifully decorated, very clean and with dedicated and polite staff. We were there for the first time and I I must say that the food we had was gorgeous!! I really mean it! What is more the staff's oriental uniforms added even more aesthetics to the entire experience. We will definitely come back to Jintana and recommend this restaurant to our friends.

Michal and Kinga

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank michalKendal

Kendal, United Kingdom
“Outstanding!!! +++ This is one of my favourite restaurants”
Reviewed February 14, 2011

My husband and I have been to Jintana in Kendal on a couple of occassions and each time the food has been out of this world. So much so that I felt compeled to write to the local newspaper with a review to say how good it was. I have moved back to Kendal after living in London and can say hand on heart that the food at Jintana is the best Thia food that I have had - well apart from the food we had in Thailand. I had the Chu Chi Pla this time which was one of my favourite dishes in my local restaurant in Camden. I was a bit worried as it was made with salmon (not my favourite fish) rather than white fish which I was used to however, I was not disappointed the meal was amazing! The only small disappointment that I had was that the Pad Thia Noodles were a bit oily on one occasion but that could just be down to personal taste.

The service is good and the beer is even better, especially as we'reboth partial to a nice cold Chang or Singa beer.

In summary... if you haven't tried it give it a go - I doubt you will be disappointed

• Visited January 2011
Milnthorpe, United Kingdom
“Great & food & brilliant service”
Reviewed February 7, 2011

This is the 2nd time I've been to Jintana and both times have been great, the food was excellent, the staff a are friendly and attentive. A lovely night out.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank PoshTroll
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food, authentic thai atmosphere, lovely staff.”
Reviewed January 30, 2011

The first thing you notice is the warm and friendly welcome as you enter the restaurant. Then how beautifully it is decorated with many traditional thai artifacts. The food is totally delicious , I have dined there many times now and the standard is always the same. The menu is extensive, and the staff are happy to accomodate you, and will provide a personalised menu for a larger group. The atmoshphere is friendly, but you do not feel in anyway intruded upon by staff or other diners. This is one of the best restaurants I have visited and I would highly reccomend it to everyone.

• Visited January 2011
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Jintana has great food, a relaxing atmosphere and lovely staff-a wonderful dining experience!”
Reviewed January 27, 2011

We have visited Jintana a number of times and always enjoyed it. We also often get take-aways from there and the food quality is always first class. The favours are authentically Thai as is the welcome from the staff and the friendly service. I would heartily recommend it to anyone!

• Visited November 2010