“Wonderful ambiance”

Jintana Thai Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 148 Restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Jintana Thai Restaurant is located on Highgate in the centre of the Historic Town of Kendal, Just 70 yards from the Brewery Arts Centre. Open since 2010, the restaurant offers diners a relaxed, friendly environment in which to enjoy our freshly prepared authentic Thai Cuisine. Decorated with imported Thai furniture, artwork and statues, our dining area provides the perfect setting to enjoy our wide selection of meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes, each of which is freshly prepared to order by our team of experienced Thai chefs. Our fully licensed bar offers an extensive range of World and Asian Beers and Wines, as well as some specially mixed Asian Cocktails. Jintana Thai Restaurant is perfect for couples, and also for families and large parties, with its cosy and intimate surroundings everyone is welcome. As soon as you step inside, you are greeted with a warm welcome by our staff dressed in traditional Thai costumes. The restaurant and bar are available for hire to host private functions and receptions which can be tailored to your needs. Please contact us with your requirements.
Keighley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful ambiance”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Went for a meal here with my partner and we loved every mouthful. The service was excellent, the food so authentic and tasty with just the right sized portions - we were not overfaced with food and neither did we leave still hungry. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant and would certainly eat there again.

1 Thank Karen C

Walsall, England, United Kingdom
“Very good thai food”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We visited this lovely restaurant whilst enjoying a short break in Kendal. The atmosphere, service and food are all excellent. Would certainly return if we are in the area again.

1 Thank Adrian S
San Francisco Bay Area, California
“vegan friendly, excellent service - inconsistent portions”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was surprised to find this thai restaurant on our drive through the Lakes District. When we entered at lunch time, there was one other pair of diners. The host, Christian, seated us, showering us with "milady" and making me feel like I was at RenFaire. My mom ordered the Pad Thai and I ordered the Jungle Curry. We asked for corn fritters and Tofu Tod for our appetizers. The portions varied wildly: 3 decent size corn fritters were what I expected, but 5 tiny, flat squares of fried tofu? That was pretty skimpy. My mom's pad thai was quite large -- but my veg curry was about 1 cup of curry in a bowl with about 1/2 c of rice -- and I had asked for it with tofu, which Christian had to retrieve from the kitchen: 8 pieces of tofu (about 1/8 cup). I helped my mom out with the noodles but food & one cider = 24 pounds. Quite an expensive lunch for what we got (I wouldn't even pay $24 for that amount of food for lunch in the Bay Area).

The flavors of the food were really quite excellent - my mom said the pad thai was the best she had ever tasted.

Our host, assistant manager Christian - was very friendly, warm and made the experience all worthwhile. He did note that portion size is an issue they are working on, esp with a newly hired chef and the manager being off due to health reasons. If you are craving thai food - this is a very worthwhile option in a country where dining out can be quite expensive and iffy anyway!

“Delicious meal”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We enjoyed a well presented, authentic and perfectly spiced thai meal at the Jintanas. Staff were very friendly and attentive. The service was good especially taking into account how busy the restaurant was. Looking forward to returning soon.

• Visited September 2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Highlight of our visit to kendal”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

At the end of a short stop over in kendal we chanced upon Jintana Thai on our last night. We managed to get a table without booking, the service was very friendly and efficient, contrary to some other reviews on here. The food, and we eat Thai often, was amazing! the prawn salad with mint, lime and chilli to start was hot but full of so many wonderful flavours, my hubbies beef salad was equally good. Mains were also great with green curry, and mussamun curry, and the mango sticky rice to end was divine. All washed down with a chilled bottle of Thai white wine which was surprisingly good. We wish we had found this restaurant on our first night, and may well make a special stopover on our way back from Scotland to visit again. Thoroughly Recommended.

• Visited September 2013