“Absolutely excellent! !!”

Jintana Thai Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 146 Restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Jintana Thai Restaurant is located on Highgate in the centre of the Historic Town of Kendal, Just 70 yards from the Brewery Arts Centre. Open since 2010, the restaurant offers diners a relaxed, friendly environment in which to enjoy our freshly prepared authentic Thai Cuisine. Decorated with imported Thai furniture, artwork and statues, our dining area provides the perfect setting to enjoy our wide selection of meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes, each of which is freshly prepared to order by our team of experienced Thai chefs. Our fully licensed bar offers an extensive range of World and Asian Beers and Wines, as well as some specially mixed Asian Cocktails. Jintana Thai Restaurant is perfect for couples, and also for families and large parties, with its cosy and intimate surroundings everyone is welcome. As soon as you step inside, you are greeted with a warm welcome by our staff dressed in traditional Thai costumes. The restaurant and bar are available for hire to host private functions and receptions which can be tailored to your needs. Please contact us with your requirements.
Kendal, Cumbria, United Kingdom
“Absolutely excellent! !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Ate hear and it simply could not have been better. beautiful food, warm and friendly staff and lovely environment. First class!

“Lovely place, food and people.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

They were able to fit us in at short notice, we received excellent service and the food was lovely. We would definitely eat there again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“This Thai restaurant should have 6 stars!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

this is the second time I have visited 'Jintana' in Kendal (Not in the same week of course...) and I was just as impressed.
I am no expert when it comes to Thai food but this appears to be as authentic as it gets.
We had the vegetarian platter to start, fabulous, well cooked lightly battered vegetables in tempura batter with excellent dipping sauces.
The 'Larb Gai' salad , minced chicken with ginger and mint was the best I have ever had, fabulous taste.
Also had the Thai red chicken, very creamy and coconutty (if that's a real word ), my wife had the sizzling chicken with ginger and vegetables, very good indeed with a sweet sticky sauce once the sizzling had stopped.
It's not the cheapest in the world, but we knew that when we went in.
Staff also were attentive and polite, and everyone was brought a little free taster to start with .....not sure what it was but I think it was crispy rice thingy.....just great.
Plenty of food, and I assure you, I can eat !
Please try here, I would go back tomorrow....( I still have a few days of my break left so I might just do that)

1 Thank Mark F
Newquay, United Kingdom
“A very pleasant meal.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Ate there early on a Wednesday evening. Lovely food , well presented and good service. I would recommend to friends and colleagues.

Kendal, United Kingdom
“Don't Thai Me Down, I want to return!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Ambience great, staff extremely friendly and helpful explaining various dishes on menu, price very reasonable for the quality of food. Would certainly be encouraging my friends to visit.

Visited May 2012