“Home from Home and great value!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kendal
Glenholme Guest House
Ranked #23 of 42 Kendal B&B and Inns
Bristol
“Home from Home and great value!”
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Stayed at Glenholme Guest House for 4 nights, 2 weeks running, chose it originally because to be honest, i was sent their with work, as it was close to where I was posted. However, the friendly welcome and amazing breakfast really helped make me feel at home which is what I look for when I'm working away. I could walk into Kendal Town which I found to be great (Brewery Arts Centre pizzas were excellent!). My room was big enough, clean, tidy and stylish. I was very comfortable and able to use a few different rooms, as a stayed a while. If you visit ask for rooms 3 or 5 - 5 had a full on bathroom! Breakfast was great although the full cooked each morning did get the better of me by my second week, when the owner was happy to accommodate something lighter. Kendals just a short drive through to Windermere so I've booked the wife and I in for the August bank holiday. A good value well located and clearly loved home from home.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Robin007Bristol

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London UK
Reviewed May 30, 2010

Great location, very friendly landlady and great breakfast - the chopped fresh fruit selection (Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries banana etc) being particularly lovely.

The room left a LOT to be desired though - in dire need of complete refurbishment - peeling crudely painted wallpaper, worn carpet, roughly cut ill-fitting lino lifting up from the bathroom floor, broken floorboards beneath the carpet, a shower that delivered a tiny amount of water, but still managed to fill the blocked shower tray in a very few minutes and a very lumpy worn mattress! Nothing winds me up more than poor/worn beds and mattresses in hotels and B&B's - after all, the main reason for staying overnight in a B&B is to sleep - so why bother with a flat screen TV, tea and coffee facilities, chocolates etc. if the mattress on the bed deserves to have been sent to the dump many years ago?!

If the room I had was as pleasant as the owner this would be a great place - but I woudnt go back - even though the price is reasonable, if the basics (decent bed, decent shower and fixtures and fittings in good order) are not in place then the price becomes irrelevant - I have stayed in much smarter/more comfortable places in the Lake District for the same price - or less in some cases.

• Stayed May 2010
3 Thank PhilLondonUK
North Lanarkshire, Scotland
Reviewed May 14, 2010

Glenholme Guest House was very reasonably priced - £60 for two per night on a B & B basis with en-suite (still amazes me that some places don't have en-suite!!!!!!). Is situated accross the road from Kendal College on main road. Received a very friendly welcome. The room was clean and comfortable with enough room to move about. Also had a small fridge which was very useful for juice etc. The bed was really comfy which was much appreciated after walking about all day. The guest house was in easy reach of the town centre - walking distance. Breakfast in the morning was lovely - the usual cereal, juices and fruit on offer. Then large, fresh cooked breakfast - fresh mushrooms (hate when places serve up tin mushrooms!!!!) and nice sausages (not the cheap skinny kind). Plenty of toast (with lovely jam & marmalade on offer) and we had a pot of tea and a pot of coffee. There is a note that you are not allowed to eat food in your room but you could ask to use the dinning room which I thought was very handy if you were on a budget or were too tired to eat out. Will make sure we use Glenholme again when we return. My only complaint was the noise from the traffic - next time will ask for a room at the rear. Kendal has plenty to offer (as long as you don't want nightclubs) and is a great base for exploring the Lake District.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple