“Very enjoyable lunch :)”
Review of Paulo Gianni's

Paulo Gianni's
Ranked #25 of 147 Restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Liverpool
“Very enjoyable lunch :)”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Was in Kendal for the day and wanted somewhere for late lunch/early tea! Found this place and really enjoyed it :) They have a good "happy hour" deal from 12-4 (I think) and quite a few dishes are £4 or 5! I got spicy meatballs and boyfriend got a margheritta pizza and garlic bread to share! My bowl of spaghetti was gorgeous and huge portion for a lunch deal and I heard the pizza had a delicious sauce on it :) bread was lovely too!
A glass of prosecco and a pint of beer thrown in and it came to £20! Not bad!
I don't live in Kendal and was just passing through so im not sure what else is out there but would recommend this place especially for the good happy hour deal :)
I

Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Cold Lasgne This Time”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We've been to this restaurant a few times because of their bargain happy hour meals. Unfortunately this time it was very disappointing. Whilst not being busy at 2.00 on a Saturday afternoon, they forgot our main course. When I asked for it, I was told it was just coming. It was clearly rushed out of the kitchen and whilst my lasagne looked great, it was cold in the middle. The side salad I had ordered didn't arrive either. When I complained about the lasagne, I asked for my salad. When this arrived, the lettuce leaf ends were black. Not appetising. Whilst both items were removed from the bill, it was only when I left that I realised that I had spent over £20 on drinks, garlic bread and a pizza for my husband. I really think they should have discounted my bill more.

• Visited April 2014
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Felt rushed by the staff”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I visited Paulo Gianni's for the first time after a few years and was disappointed with the atmosphere. The store in Lancaster is fantastic and has a very relaxed atmosphere whereas in Kendal it felt as though we were unwelcome and unable to relax and enjoy our food, we had two courses and two drinks each and we were in and out of the restaurant withing 20 minutes, this was due to how pressured we felt to decide on our food and our drinks quickly, it felt as though they just wanted us to eat pay and leave so that they could get their next customer sat down at the table, overall the food was nice, however the staff could have made us feel more welcome.

• Visited December 2013
kendal, uk
“smashing place !”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

we arrived pretty late on a saturday night after partying for a friends birthday at 'bootleggers', we pre-ordered our meals whilst in bootleggers, then made our way down there when our table was ready, luckily, our table was right at the back of the restraunt, as we may have been a tad giddy and tipsy !!
Anyhoo, I would like to say that the service we recieved from the lovely Ken and also Sarah , was outstanding !!! give them guys a pay rise !!
The food was bob on too, I had the rissotto and it was cooked to perfection.
Will deffo return !

• Visited April 2014
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Noisy nosh”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Went here on a Friday night. It was busy and the waiting staff seemed to be struggling to keep up. Our waiter was unable to explain items on the menu or to tell us what they were served with, and had to go back to the kitchen twice to find out. The food, when it arrived, was pretty average. The place was noisy, with people shouting to make themselves heard. If we go back to Kendal we'll choose somewhere else.

• Visited March 2014