“Great place for real ale”

Watermill Inn & Windermere Brewing Co
Ranked #6 of 155 Restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I love the range of beers at the Watermill. The staff are friendly and the food is good. What more could you ask for?!?!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Having tried to get into various carveries with no luck,we thought we would try the Watermill.....and I'm so glad! We were greeted by a friendly,smiley lady who was chatty and helpful.The food wasn't long in coming after we ordered,all well presented,hot and really lovely(and again another lovely young lady serving us who couldn't have been more helpful...makes a big difference!) Only our son(eyes bigger than belly!) managed to squeeze a sticky toffee pudding in as we were all full,but a tiny taster made me realise it was as good as it looked.We are so lucky that this is on our doorstep and we will go back again soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

The beers have improved over the last year having taken a real dip in our opinion. the food quality has taken an upward turn having been of poor value for money in the past couple of years

1  Thank Christopher J
Reviewed March 29, 2014

My husband had read about this pub in a magazine and was keen to visit. I read several reviews on here and was wary about having dogs in there as I have a fear of dogs however there is one bar for dogs ( and owners!!) and one which is dog free which I was pleased about. Good food, good prices. Enjoyable. We also bought some bottles of their own beer to take home with us.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Recently had a short break near Lake Windermere, and after reading the reviews on the Watermill Inn before we left home, decided to give it a try being a real ale lover and partial to good pub food!!!!!! Wasn't disappointed on both accounts. The choice of their own brewed ales was amazing, and the food really good. The Pate starter was the largest portion I have had anywhere, and my wife and I both had the very popular Steak and "collywobbles ale pie" delicious. Lovely pub with very friendly staff.

1  Thank vince p