“Lovely dog friendly pub, with excellent food.”

Watermill Inn & Windermere Brewing Co
Ranked #13 of 159 Restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

So pleased we found this pub. Excellent food and really friendly and attentive staff. Definitely come here again.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinners at the Ings Village Pub. The staff were very friendly, food was excellent and I sampled several of their house-made ales. We will certainly return.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We only had lunch baguettes and a few of their own excellent beers on our recent visit but everything was very good. The staff were very efficient and friendly. It will be one of our first stops when we visit the area again..

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We made our sixth visit to the Watermill, whilst travelling from Alston to Newby Bridge. Major attractions are a) choice of excellent beer; b) availability of beer gift sets to purchase; c) good uncomplicated food.

It is one of the few places I know in UK, which can serve Delirium Tremens beer - full marks for that, as I can't get to Lille that often.

Food excellent as always; my wife had a concoction focused on black pudding and I had a rib roast sandwich. The fact you can get light dishes and are not expected to order large dishes is excellent.

A truly delightful place, although on a Sunday the car parking is a bit hairy!

1  Thank tony1046
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Went on Sunday for lunch, expecting a decent pleasant experience but how wrong was I, firstly the soup was tasteless, the Sunday beef roast was horrible, cheap meat, store bought Yorkshire puddings and vegetables where uneatable. Tbh I've had better lunches in school and in hospital. As for the staff the two young girls serving on where miserable, and it took them over 20 minutes to clear our plates. Won't be going back at all. Total let down after it used to be decent.