“Valentine Menu”
Review of The Moon Highgate

The Moon Highgate
Ranked #3 of 150 Restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Valentine Menu”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Amazing Lamb for the main course and a great intimate setting. Would recommend to anyone. Although we are only visiting if we come back to Kendal will definitely be going back.

• Visited February 2014

Holywell, United Kingdom
“Nothing special”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Deliberately picked out this place for lunch, based on the menu and Tripadvisor reviews. The experience turned out to be pleasant, but nothing special.

I had the whitebait to start and they were burned to a crisp. As I was hungry and they weren't quite inedible, I finished them. I had particularly liked the sound of the chicken, ham and leek pie from the menu, and I am happy to report that I wasn't disappointed. It was delicious!

My wife had the pancakes to start and the sea bream as a main. Both were delicious, she reported.

Service was pleasant, but perfunctory. When I mentioned about the whitebait being disappointing the waitress replied "Not a problem." Errr, actually, it was.

Overall, we enjoyed our lunch, but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. We would go back there if we were in Kendal, but I would steer clear of the whitebait!

• Visited January 2014
Kendal
“Always excellent”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We have dined at the New Moon many times as a couple and with family and friends since Sarah and Farit first took it over. I can honestly say that I have never had an experience there that has been less than excellent. The food, wines, service and atmosphere are all top class. I would like to recommend something from the menu, however I cannot single anything out as it is all top quality. My only (tiny) gripe is the lack of grappa to have with my post prandial coffee.

• Visited December 2013
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“A - MAZING!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

New Years Eve meal. Just simply amazing, they went way beyond the call of duty and we'll definitely be booking to go back again!

Visited December 2013
Romsey
“A very good restaurant in all respects”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

We went there with friends (6 of us). None of us knew kendal but the new moon was recommended to us. The venue, the staff, the atmosphere, the food, the wine, all was very good and we had an excellent evening. We eat out a fair amount and are quite fussy. The only issue was car parking. The car park is about 5 min walk away unless you are lucky enough to find parking on the street outside.