“A very good restaurant in all respects”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Moon Highgate

The Moon Highgate
Ranked #4 of 146 Restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Romsey
“A very good restaurant in all respects”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

We went there with friends (6 of us). None of us knew kendal but the new moon was recommended to us. The venue, the staff, the atmosphere, the food, the wine, all was very good and we had an excellent evening. We eat out a fair amount and are quite fussy. The only issue was car parking. The car park is about 5 min walk away unless you are lucky enough to find parking on the street outside.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,201 helpful votes
“Christmas came early!”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

I met here with some friends for lunch. I am not normally a fan of traditional Christmas fayre, but it was a bleak winter's day and the wholesome looking festive menu seemed to fit the bill. It proved a very good choice.

The smoked salmon starter was perfectly presented on a tasty little wheaten pancake with a crisp green salad. The turkey main course was moist and accompanied by all the usual trimmings. We finished with a truly delicious Christmas pudding parfait, served with a mulled plum.

The welcome was as warm as ever and our table, close to a blazing open fire was so cozy that we could happily have stayed all day (I think the staff might have thought that we intended to do just that!!).

As I have often said, I think this is undoubtedly the best dining experience in the area.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

You could very easily walk past this small and inconspicuous restaurant in Kendal. We researched on the net many places & menus. My husband booked a table in advance. I had pan fried sea bream on crushed potatoes, with muscles & carrots in a leek & garlic cream sauce followed by panacotta for dessert. My husband had the ribeye steak. The food, service & the prices were excellent but more importantly the restsurant had a lovely ambience. It has an upstairs dining area as well as downstairs, high quality without any pomposity

• Visited November 2013
Kendal, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“nice food, lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I took a couple of colleagues out to this wee restauarnt in October - my first time here for a few years. Had a really nice meal, food was excellent, lovely varied menu. we all remarked that this place is a little gem. the obly down side was the wine - the list was very so-so and seemed a little higher priced than we thought was good for a restaurant of this type.
all in all a nice pleasant experience and I would recommend the Moon to anyone who wants a decent meal in Kendal ( we struggled to be honest ), but hopefully the comment about the wine won't put people off - shame though.

Visited October 2013
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Good tasty food just when it was needed”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Recently arrived as visitors to Kendal and in search of good food, New Moon come out as a good option.

A warm welcome and a cosy ambiance greeted us. The food was very tastefully presented and was full of flavour. The only thing was that the gravy was quite salty, perhaps because of the pancetta that accompanied the sprouts.

The desserts that we sampled were really heavenly, especially their sticky toffee pudding.

All in all, very good food and nice atmosphere. Not cheap, but I feel quality should have a price.