“Highly recommend”
Review of The Moon Highgate

The Moon Highgate
Ranked #3 of 153 Restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

You could very easily walk past this small and inconspicuous restaurant in Kendal. We researched on the net many places & menus. My husband booked a table in advance. I had pan fried sea bream on crushed potatoes, with muscles & carrots in a leek & garlic cream sauce followed by panacotta for dessert. My husband had the ribeye steak. The food, service & the prices were excellent but more importantly the restsurant had a lovely ambience. It has an upstairs dining area as well as downstairs, high quality without any pomposity

• Visited November 2013

Kendal, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“nice food, lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I took a couple of colleagues out to this wee restauarnt in October - my first time here for a few years. Had a really nice meal, food was excellent, lovely varied menu. we all remarked that this place is a little gem. the obly down side was the wine - the list was very so-so and seemed a little higher priced than we thought was good for a restaurant of this type.
all in all a nice pleasant experience and I would recommend the Moon to anyone who wants a decent meal in Kendal ( we struggled to be honest ), but hopefully the comment about the wine won't put people off - shame though.

Visited October 2013
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Good tasty food just when it was needed”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Recently arrived as visitors to Kendal and in search of good food, New Moon come out as a good option.

A warm welcome and a cosy ambiance greeted us. The food was very tastefully presented and was full of flavour. The only thing was that the gravy was quite salty, perhaps because of the pancetta that accompanied the sprouts.

The desserts that we sampled were really heavenly, especially their sticky toffee pudding.

All in all, very good food and nice atmosphere. Not cheap, but I feel quality should have a price.

manchester, england
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I had a party of 30 people here for my mum's 60th this weekend.
The staff were amazing from start to finish, helpful, efficient, and genuinely lovely.
They couldn't do enough for us and went over and above to help me make it a night to remember.
The food was amazing (and I am SO fussy about quality of food) not one person from a party of 30 didn't think it was beautiful.
I can't recommend New Moon enough.

• Visited November 2013
Helsby, United Kingdom
“Scrumptious!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Visited last night for my husband's birthday. Being visitors to Kendal I checked trip advisor and found New Moon, we were not disappointed! Lovely menu, just enough of a choice without too much choice that you don't where to start, everything we choose was delicious, could not find fault anywhere. Lovely little restaurant, lovely staff, would definitely go again if we were in Kendal!

Visited November 2013