We have just returned after four wonderful days at this Bed & Breakfast. We must say that we couldn't find fault, the location is brilliant, the room was perfect and the hospitality just superb, anything we needed whether it was water, milk tea was always provided cheerfully. During a week that was arguably the hottest of the year, coming back to a granite built building was indeed a cool relief. David and Sarah were the most amicable of hosts - on two occasions David went way beyond 'the call of duty' in particular on the evening before our departure when we discovered that the car had a puncture, with Davids help the puncture was repaired locally and we still left at our planned time of departure the next morning. Brilliant place to stay in The Lake District - hopefully we'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic property within 2 minutes walk of the centre of Hawkshead. The house was the former home of Wordsworth's head master and retains many original features. The back of the house dates from the Tudor period. Come and stay in this historic house which has been lovinngly renovated to ensure our guests have all the comforts of the 21st century.Beautiful garden, parking, a secure garage for cycles, free wi-fi. Complimentary afternoon tea and cake. We look forward to welcoming you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Old School House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old School House Hotel Hawkshead
- The Old School House Hawkshead, Lake District