We were fortunate to book 2 rooms for a couple of nights this fall at this lovely B&B. David and Sarah made us feel right at home. They served us a wonderful breakfast - at a time that we wanted it served!. We have never experienced this at a B&B before. This is great when you are on holiday and don't necessarily want to get up at 7:30 to make an 8:00am breakfast! The rooms were clean and had all the amenities and the beds was comfortable. There was port and sherry waiting for you at the end of a busy day site seeing - nice. You will not be disappointed with David and Sarah's hospitality and the fact that you are right in the village makes the location very convenient. You can walk to everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic property within 2 minutes walk of the centre of Hawkshead. The house was the former home of Wordsworth's head master and retains many original features. The back of the house dates from the Tudor period. Come and stay in this historic house which has been lovinngly renovated to ensure our guests have all the comforts of the 21st century.Beautiful garden, parking, a secure garage for cycles, free wi-fi. Complimentary afternoon tea and cake. We look forward to welcoming you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Old School House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old School House Hotel Hawkshead
- The Old School House Hawkshead, Lake District