“Pretty Little Tea Room”

Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Hawkshead
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great tea and delicious scone with jam (although a little expensive). A very pretty setting and lovely to sit outside.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This really is a treat for the ladies, cake and shopping under one roof! We were in hawkshead just for the day and wanted some breakfast,but found ourselves turned away from several venues who only catered for their own B&B customers. The Red Poppy was not our first choice, as it looked like a tea shop, but when we asked if they did breakfasts, they offered a limited menu of bacon butties, but what a buttie. Lots of thick cut, freshly cooked bacon, but as it is only a small place, they struggled to get the but ties out together, they arrived with 3 for our party of four. As I got ready to wait for mine, there quickly appeared half a bitty, with the waitress declaring that she didn't like me sitting there watching the rest of our party eating. The other half arrived a short while later. Some customers may have found this annoying, but I found it quaint and charming. The teapots and crockery that came to our table were bright and vibrant, with the addition of all the bric a brac being show cased on shelves surrounding our table as well as suspending from the ceiling. Lovely staff and a gem of a find.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The interior of the shop is, if I'm being honest, a bit over-fussy for me, but the food was fresh, prompt. and really good.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Had a drink and bite to eat here while on vacation in the Hawkshead area. We sat outside with the dog (where he had water and a dog biscuit provided) and had nice toasted teacakes and a scone. Fantastic service and shop was full of nice gifts. Toilets clean. Only slight downside for me was the coffee was not as strong as I would have liked and the espressos should be served in espresso cups not glass beakers - but that is just my preference. Definitely worth a visit and in a good central location in the village.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Just loved this gorgeous café and shop! Fabulous food and great things to buy, especially presents! An Aladdin's cave!