TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Open today: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Review Highlights
Treetop fun whatever the weather

With an October half term booked in the Lake District I was keen to find some activities our family... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Andy P
go ape grizedale

Last week i took my 2 young girls on the go ape adventure course, one of them absoulty loved it and... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
fellwalkingmiller

Recommended experiences in and around Hawkshead
from $51.35
from $288.33
from $84.26
from $84.26
More Info
All reviews zip wire tree top adventure great fun tarzan swing trekking adventure safety briefing fear of heights segway experience cargo net high ropes own pace year olds sat nav staff were helpful car park time slot lake district
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a great day at Go Ape. Despite it absolutely hammering it down the course was even better Wet. Marcus was our instructor and was really friendly and chatty.

Will be visiting again. 10/10

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been to many Go Ape locations, however this is hands down the best locations not just because of the course but the staff are awsome. You have to take the Tarzan swing at the end. The picture below is Nick our instructor (Co Ape) he was awsome, it was like he had been there for years but it was his first season. Nick is a true gent and a top lad, he made our visit what it was.

Glen

Reviewed September 5, 2019

Went here as a family of four. What brilliant day out. We did the Go Ape adventure plus. Absolutely petrified all the way round (I hate heights), but joined in as the kids wanted us to do it. Four levels that get progressively more challenging as you go along. You don't have to do all the levels if you don't want and can go round again on an easier level. Felt safe and secure on each level, this was tested when I slipped off one section due to me not going along is correctly, which was met with laughs from the kids. Never felt unsafe at any point, highly recommend.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed September 4, 2019

We visited Go Ape as a family, my sister and her 2 of her children and myself and my 3 children. After climbing the first obstacle my son decided he couldn't go any further. I think the thought of being responsible for clicking himself and on off was too much for him. (We got a full refund) If you have children under 16 you are responsible for checking their connections to everything. This should be considered when going with 2 children under 16 as I had one walking along on the floor and one in the trees with me. The staff were brilliant and perhaps next time my youngest can do the option where you don't have to be responsible for connecting your self on and off. We had food in the cafe after wards which was really nice and excellent value for money.

Reviewed August 27, 2019

We had a great day. Lots of challenge zip wire was amazing. Staff in initial briefing friendly and welcoming. Enjoyable.
Downsides - signage was poor from the road. After the initial briefing we did not see any staff members which was a little disconcerting. At the end one of the group sustained an injury and couldn’t find a staff member to help and once one was located was given an ice pack and told β€˜you don’t want to report it do you?’

Date of experience: August 2019