“A brilliant and fun way to spend a couple of hours” 5 of 5 bubbles

Go Ape at Grizedale Forest Cumbria
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Hawkshead
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Our adventure near Hawkshead (the jewel in our crown) has always proved a popular day out. Built on a side of a hill, it feels seriously high. And that's because it is. Enjoy our epic Tree Top Adventure in the Lakes. Swinging through the canopy, wiping out at the bottom of zip wires and going on an adventure brings people together like nothing else we've ever seen. It really does. You'll fly 200 metres across the top of the Grizedale Beck and marvel at the forest canopy 18 metres up a magnificent Douglas Fir. You and your tribe can expect the ultimate adventure at Grizedale. You can get off the beaten track and enjoy our NEW forest adventure with Go Ape Forest Segway - an epic experience with a down to earth twist. And Grizedale Forest is also home to our Tree Top Junior Adventure for Tiny Tarzans. Release your little monkeys onto a Go Ape course designed for them. No one loves adventure more than kids! Zip Trekking Adventure is a brand NEW experience. The course is a network of seven tandem zip lines that traverse the sky-scraping Douglas Firs at Grizedale Forest, providing customers with an exhilarating experience of flying way above the forest floor, and seeing the area in a completely new way. Please arrive 15 minutes before Zip Trekking Adventure.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A brilliant and fun way to spend a couple of hours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We waited for the weather forecast and booked the night before. On arrival we were quickly booked in given the 'training/safety' input and we were off. My daughter of 13 was a little scared and didn't know what to expect, but she had no problems at all. The instructions are clear, and if followed there is no chance of hurting yourself.

There are several zip wires and some of the obstacles feel to be 60 or 70 feet off the floor but you only need a really low level of fitness to complete the course.

The final Tarzan swing takes a little bit of bottle to do, but after a couple of seconds of plucking up courage my little girl launched herself off the edge. If it's too much for you there is a chicken run !!

Try the experience it's brilliant !!!!!!!!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Holygrail1

Whitehaven, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Fantastic day out with family or friends even team building with work parties, hen and stag parties..... just an awesome day out....book it now n let the good times roll.

Visited November 2012
Chorley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“overcome your fears.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Great way to amuse teenagers who maybe don't want to do another walk......Staff are friendly, but after the solid introduction (a must for your safety) you are left to your own devices unless help is required. Good for a group of friends with teenagers to excite.

Visited July 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best Go Ape so far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

We went during the week in September, so it was nice and quite. In our group there were just 3 couples and we all ended up going at the same speed.
The instructor was brilliant, she went through everything thoroughly while not insulting our intelligence.
The 2 long zip wires were amazing (sites 3 & 4) Site 4 is only a zip wire back across the road/valley. Because it was so quiet and we were all going at a good speed we got told we could go back to site 4 after we'd finished site 5 and do it all again from there. Site 3 has the highest of the rope ladders which unfortunately I couldn't do a second time (tried to twice but got scared half way both times) but I took the opportunity to stay on the ground and take photos of my partner while he did 3 & 4 again. We then did 5 for a second time, bad idea for me, my arms were exhausted and the second time on the long 'sit in your harness and pull yourself up on the rope' part (B.... Swing, I can't remember the name now) I couldn't get the last bit to the platform. I got slightly hysterical and an instructor ran up a lot of steps very quickly to come help me. I finally managed to pull myself up to the platform without any help but I will be forever grateful for his swift action.
Site 6 is the only one without a ladder (phew!) You start off with a zipwire from one tree platform to another. You can then choose the easy way if you're exhausted, or if you feel you can stand one more challenge there's the big tarzan swing. Suffice to say, I went for easy and videoed my partner on the tarzan swing.

All in all, fantastic location, brilliant views, amazing zip wires and the hardest Go Ape I have done so far! (I've done 3 others). At £30 it's expensive, but this one is well worth the money.

Visited September 2013
Alloa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Another Excellent Go Ape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Friendly staff and a brilliant course. not for the faint hearted, some parts of the course are pretty high, but you're so safe, if in doubt dangle from your harness and pull yourself along!!!
the zip slides are great, especially the long ones. a good trek and fun day out. takes a couple of hours and nice wee cafe at the end. Be prepared to take plenty woodchip home with you, in your shoes, socks, pants.....etc ;-)
Watch out the car park is pay and display - take £4 of change!!!

Visited September 2013