“Afternoon Tea”

The Wordsworth Signature Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 47 Restaurants in Grasmere
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa in Grasmere is a luxurious and historic Lakes District Hotel that has hosted royalty, American presidents and world famous artists and poets. With its spectacular views out across the village of Grasmere and its access to the beautiful walks within the Lake District National Park ��� this is a fantastic weekend escape, and the hotel���s Signature Restaurant provides a two AA rosette worthy British menu. This restaurant has a cosy neutral d��cor with lashings of taupe and burgundy, and the family-run nature of this establishment ensures friendly service. Highlights from the menu include the breast of Scottish guinea fowl pot-roasted with broad beans and pancetta served with saffron potatoes, broccoli and red cabbage.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Had afternoon tea in the sunshine as part of my 40th birthday celebration. The cakes were absolutely scrummy and only managed to get through about half of them, however they did vacuum pack the leftovers for us. A bargain at £25 for two people!

1  Thank Scottishbird73
There are newer reviews for The Wordsworth Signature Restaurant

Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you eat only once in the Lake District eat here, as the food and the service are superb with a perfectly balanced meal across the 3 or 4 courses .

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We enjoyed our dinner very much. it was difficult to choose our entree since all of the entrees sounded delicious! We love the location in the heart of Grasmere, we loved the service and ambiance. Nice job!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is a top quality restaurant in a top quality hotel, food cooked and presented to a very high standard using fantastic local produce, a menu to cover all tastes, first class service from first class staff

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Chose to stay at this hotel based on the restaurant - hotel is fab but the restaurant not so fab. Some nice touches in the way you are greeted and the little 'extras'. We were given a different wine than what we'd ordered earlier but we didn't notice till it was to late so just drank it rather than sending it back. My starter of pork cheeks with black pudding was really good and I could have eaten a massive plateful of it. While eating my starter a man next us was served overdone lamb, he sent it back and by the time a replacement arrived his wife had finished her meal, plate gone and the waiting staff asking if she wasn't eating! I think this is really bad etiquette given the price tag. My own dinner of loin of venison was underwhelming, two mean slices one cooked right the other very overdone, I didn't send it back based what happened at the next table. I mentioned it but it fell on deaf ears. Other than the little bit of meat there was a tonne of mashed potato, nice and overall everything tasted good and went well together, so perhaps a off day.
Breakfast was tragic, staff seemed all over the place and they couldn't get a simple order of toast with bacon right, I had to ask for the toast a few times, then all I got was one slice (hubby got the other slice). He told me that it's the first time ever that eggs had no taste. Still to have breakfast tomorrow and avoided the bistro next door just in case. All in all very overpriced for the potions and quality, now pass me some crisps, I'm still hungry.