“Love this restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Jumble Room
Ranked #4 of 44 Restaurants in Grasmere
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Jumble Room in Grasmere is now in its 20th year and from very humble beginnings their ethos has remained the same...Take the very best local and where possible organic ingredients and cook them with love and care.. Our small colourful little restaurant in Grasmere has become internationally renowned, not for pomp and circumstance but for a place to relax and forget our mad and hectic lifestyles...to escape....switch off... if only for a little while.... and leave with the light glowing a little brighter! It is said of the jumble room that it has soul, a small bohemian style restaurant, casual, honest, restorative and uncompromising in the pursuit of quality Prepared with love and served with pride!
Wakefield
“Love this restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have eaten in this restaurant twice now, the food and service are excellent. The decor is quirky and a little different. Would highly recommend to couples and smaller parties. Will defintiely return again!

Visited June 2013

“Never Fails to Hit the Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Bit late with the review - sorry. Third visit to the Jumble room. Never fails to do it for me. Love everything about it. Quirky, different, great food, great company. If you're in the lakes it's a must.

Visited July 2012
Zurich, Switzerland
“what happened to the great fish and chips?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

It's been a while a since we were here but for some reason they have decided to change things. My favourite dish at jumble room is the fish and chips, it is to jumbles what the big mac is to Mc Donalds. So I was slightly startled to see sparkling water battered fish and chips instead of the usual beer battered fish and chips with mushy peas. This in itself should not have been a problem, however, what arrived was a poshed up version of the original, still the same lovely fresh fish but with an uninteresting batter, underwhelming portion of chips and a smearing of tartar sauce. My particular fish seemed to have been cooked in funny tasting oil as it left a rather unpleasant aftertaste which I couldn't understand as the battered prawns we had to start were perfect. I did ask the waiter if they could do me some mushy peas but he said no which is strange as the ones they used to do were canned anyway.

Please please please go back to the original fish and chips, we have been coming here for years with family who live locally and I do not want to have to try and find somewhere new.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Hungry G
Andrew H, Owner at Jumble Room, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Why when you love us so much do you decide to give us 3 stars and tell the world how dreadful we are.........why????

I'm so proud of Heath and Simon and our aim is to be fresh and innovative......this is just a very sad review...the guys in the kitchen will be very disappointed.....i shall spend tomorrow telling them how great they are!!
Surrey
“Quirky and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Allegedly, no trip to Grasmere is complete without a trip to Jumble Room - and it's true! Great place with a fun, relaxed atmosphere and food that is a sensation. The smoked chicken salad to start was an explosion of complimentary flavours - very clever indeed. Served by Jamie - lovely chap and highly attentive. Jumble Room isn't cheap, but it's not overpriced either - there's something to suit all palates and budgets. Will definitely be back when we're next in the Lakes.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank SurreyWells
leeds
“LITTLE GEM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Wonderful - what a little gem always wanted to eat here, often looked at the menu at the end of walk but never did quite make it happen. Last week I was walking alone in Langdale - great weather and a fantastic walk I came down into Grasmere and went straight to the Jumble Room, asked them if they were serving and apologised for coming straight from the walk, not being dressed appropriately having spent the day walking! I must say the food and surroudings was wonderful; I had mussels to start with, homemade bread, followed by fish and chips and an excellent glass of house wine! I never got to have dessert but next time I visit I will do all three courses as the dessert menu look fabulous! I highly recommend a visit to the Jumble room when you are next in Grasmere.

• Visited June 2013