“Lunch”

The Rowan Tree
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Good lunch menu choice. Food was very good. Staff attentive.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

Lovely garlic bread and pizza. No dislikes - good place for lunch and reaosnable cost

Reviewed October 28, 2011

This veggie restaurant serves really good food. I had a delicious mushroom pizza which had plenty of topping. The staff where a little offhand, even though they were not particularly busy, but I have often found both restaurant and hotel staff not particularly welcoming to solo travellers.....and no I am not paranoid!!!

Reviewed October 9, 2011

Many complain of customer service - not me here. We did a long walk and on the way back to the car fancied an ice cream.
Ordered them - and my wife had started eating hers - when I discovered that when changing wallets I had transferred a credit card but no cash. Quick as a flash the young lady sorted it out. I felt a right prat but she was so gracious about the whole thing. The ice cream is brilliant there - many times we have stopped there with cash. THANKS
Stephen

1  Thank PatStephen
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Had coffee and cake here today - nice enough cakes and reasonably priced but the place was really quiet when we walked in and it still took 10mins to get served (at the counter), there were lots of 'empty' tables, but most of them were covered in plates from previous customers and they weren't rapidly cleaned. We sat next to the window and the blinds were dusty, had dead flies behind them and the view out of the window was various debris and mop buckets etc. The toilets were poor, very poor. Nice products but the staff need to move faster and give the place a more thorough cleaning. Such a shame - we left and walked another 50yards and saw at least 4 other lovely looking cafes, we were so sorry we had chosen the rowan tree.