“Don't get lost. It's in the first little lane on the left coming in from the south.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Goody Blake's

Goody Blake's
Ranked #14 of 45 Restaurants in Grasmere
Cuisines: British, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: All our skillets are cooked fresh to order and all desserts are homemade. Skillets can be adapted for those with special dietary requirements. The restaurant takes bookings for evenings only. We are ideal for romantic and special occasion evening meals and remain open until late. Please book early during busy periods to avoid disappointment. Open for both lunch and evening meals.
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

I think there was a Mountain Shop across the lane.

I was on a coach tour in May and would have missed it if we'd parked in the large coach park. But luckily we parked through town up at the Garden Centre and I could spot it when I was walking. It was half hidden behind the other store's van. The entrance is on the little lane, not main Stock Lane.

I liked the sticky toffee pudding because it was soft and not chewy like some restaurants. The soup was really homemade and delicious. If I'm ever on another coach trip I'll get more soup and sticky toffee pudding (with cream).

• Visited May 2014
GoodyBlakes, Owner at Goody Blake's, responded to this review, September 4, 2014

Staunton, Virginia
“Uniformly wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I dined here twice and would come again often if I lived nearby. The food was uniformly wonderful. The pork loin had the most marvellously seasoned sauce. Desserts were also excellent. We were served the first evening by the delightful former owner, Louise, who added greatly to the welcoming atmosphere with her unaffected friendliness and charm. The portions were very generous. Goody Blake's is excellent value for money. It is a first-rate restaurant which really deserves to succeed.

I can only assume that whoever wrote the one outlying awful review is either an ill-natured fool or a malevolent rival. Pay him no heed.

• Visited July 2014
South Shields
“Lovely little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

My mum and I visited on the last night of our holiday in June. We had eaten accross the road the night before and only noticed Goody Blakes afterwards. We are pleased we did though as we had very enjoyable meal. I had the home made chicken kiev which was lovely as was the home made coleslaw. My mum had the tender loin and she really enjoyed that. Unfortunately we had eaten so much through the week we only managed a main course each as the puddings sounded really nice. We will have to go earlier in the week next year! The staff and chef were lovely, even let us park on their property as mum had left her disabled badges in the cottage.

I just want to mention that we missed the restaurant when we were first looking for a place to eat. The sign on the main road says cafe so we just walked past as with the shop shutters down it appears that it is a day time cafe which is closed. It was very quiet when we were there so maybe others missed it too which is shame.

1 Thank Katkrazi
Poynton, United Kingdom
“The only place to eat in Grasmere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

My wife and I have a weeks holiday in Grasmere every year and we discovered Goody Blake's last year when it had recently opened. We were very impressed so we had no hesitation in going back this year. Although the management has changed the quality hasn't, there is an excellent and varied menu all of which are superb and we should know, we ate there every night and between us we tried every one. There is a tendency for the other establishments here to be a bit samey but Goody Blake's offers something a little different at very reasonable prices. The staff are very friendly and there is a pleasant atmosphere. We have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Very tasty. Try the skillets for something a bit different.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

My sister and I stumbled upon this little gem of a restaurant last summer (2013) and loved it instantly. The idea of the little skillets, which the dishes are served in was something a bit different, which is always refreshing. Even after a year, I can remember that I opted for a curry. The dish was cooked to perfection and the spices and flavours were just wonderful. So when we revisited Grasmere this June, we were sure to return here for a meal.

Once again, the food was a delight and the service was very warn and welcoming, but we did feel perhaps the skillet theme that dominated the menu last year and was so different, was less prominent to the menu. Don't lose this feature guys! It's such a lovely idea :) Price was a little on the more expensive side but I am unusually willing to pay a little more for something a bit different. The sticky toffee pudding by the way, top marks! Very saucy and not too heavy like some.

I'm as baffled at the damming review a few reviews below! It's hard to believe they're talking about the same place :O

1 Thank Annie R