“Well worth a visit”

Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We often walk into grasmere wen in lakes just to say we have earned one of this places beautiful scones!!
This time the missus was fasting for Kent so she had the soup, very tasty and lovely wedge of bread served with it, I had a sandwich then a scone with jam and clotted cream! Beautiful as ever love to visit wen over in the lakes keep up the hard work, only negative is you allow dogs which is great as we take our chocy lab in each time but the way sine customers looked at us and tutted as if we weren't allowed is slightly off putting, maybe mAke it clearer you allow dogs so people understand! At the end of the day it's the lakes and lots if people take their dogs and people need to accept this!
Overall love thid cafe tho!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

A lovely couple of hour browsing and really enjoyed their hot soup and bread wedge which recharged our batteries

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Had it not been for Trip Advisor I would never have considered eating in a garden centre. Previous experiences dining in garden centres have been very poor but not here. The first thing that struck me was the items on the menu, not the usual rubbish but enticing items such as "crispy belly pork" or "salmon in panko breadcrumbs" or "handmade burgers". Plus the usual sandwiches, panini's cakes and coffee. The people that own this cafe obviously care passionately about the food they serve as all items on the menu were quality ingredients. The chips for example were hand cut, none of the frozen rubbish here. Even the bread for the sandwiches was quality hand cut bread rather than the bland cheap bread that many cafes use. Even the side salad served with the sandwiches was quality with the most gorgeous dressing applied.
Service was efficient, portions were generous and the staff friendly. Toilets were also OK but there seemed to be a never ending queue of incontinent pensioners outside – tip, get a table away from the toilets.
In summary eating here was a most enjoyable experience and the food here was some of the best café food I’ve had for sometime. Prices were also extremely reasonable. I’ll be back for more and more!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We have visited this Garden Centre many times, not because we are particularly green fingered but just for the fantastic food from their little cafe!

Service is not by any means fantastic, in fact generally they are pretty miserable and the toilets really are some of the worst I have ever had the pleasure of using however I would still like to give this little place full marks due to the really fantastic food on every visit.

Three of us at here on our last trip in February, I had the duck with mash and celeriac...delicious my boyfriend had the fish and chips, this really was very good, homemade Tatar sauce and uber crispy beer battered fish yuummm! My mum, someone very similar to myself (hard to please) had the burger, she was so impressed... fresh foccacia, homemade BBQ sauce, giant tasty burger and beautifully presented.

I can see why this little cafe is always packed, very tasty food but really need to sort those sticking toilets out!

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We called in at this delightful garden centre on our visit to grassmere,the cafe inside is lovely,it has very clean and tidy,with very pleasant surroundings.The menu has something to suit everyone from soup to hearty main meals,a great selection of homeade cakes and scones,also offering a choice of locally produced beers and preserves.Coffee and hot chocolate drinks were lush,as was the one home made scone with enough jam and clotted cream for two people.The prices were very reasonable for what we had and the staff were helpful and friendly.The toilets were very clean and well stocked with a lovely handwash and handcream for you to use.I have no worries in recommending this cafe to anyone.