We stayed at the Llancrigg this weekend for the Great North Swim. We stayed in the lovely Silver Howe room with a great view towards Easdale. The food was good with a filling breakfast which was very satisfying.
We ate supper one night there and enjoyed it very much.
The hotel arranged a packed breakfast for our swim which was very appreciated especially the flapjack.
We were really well cared for
Looking forward to coming again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lancrigg is set in the totally peaceful and picturesque village of Grasmere. We are situated just 800 yards from the the very busy village centre. The accommodation is comfortable and relaxing and makes a truly wonderful escape, access to the walks are right out of our door. There are no roads beyond Lancrigg, just the tumbling fells and streams. The house has many connections with past and present writers, artists and musicians. There is a sense of peace when relaxing at Lancrigg that nobody can quite put their finger on, some suggest it may be the water that flows under the building through the Helm Crag rock. The Lancrigg is open to non-residents with a fantastic variety of refreshments available from both the restaurant and The Poets Cafe & Bar which opens from 8:30am for breakfast and serves a classic lunch menu from 11am untill late. The restaurant is available from 6:30pm. The Lancrigg restaurant offers a fantastic menu to suit all diets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your The Lancrigg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Hotel
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Grasmere