For: Kitty Crag is a lovely house set in the hotel grounds. Clean, warm & comfortable- very pleasant and quiet with guest lounge. Staff helpul and grounds lovely. Can't comment on food as we were usually out. Lovely walks right from front door though at least 1/2 mile from Grasmere if walking is not your thing.
Against: Erratic phone signal so difficult to call home.
Driveways and parking areas very rough and confined. Difficult to manoevre safely due to loose stones, sloping ground and overgrown bushes.
Woodland walk from Kitty Crag to hotel lovely but treacherous in dark (torches provided)- use driveways instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lancrigg Hotel is set in the totally peaceful and picturesque valley of Easedale, 1/2 mile from Grasmere. The accommodation is comfortable and relaxing and makes a wonderful escape from a busy world. The house has many connections with past and present writers, artists and musicians. The Lancrigg is open to residents and non-residents with a fantastic variety of refreshments available and a lunch menu served from 12pm until 4:30pm. The restaurant is available from 6pm to 9pm, booking is reccomended. The Lancrigg is currently a vegetarian Hotel (vegan option available), however we are currently undergoing renovation to offer a flexitarian menu(still vegetarian but with fish and meat available) and a fully stocked bar will be following soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, LateRooms and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Lancrigg Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Hotel
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Grasmere